Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • If you could make any quilt, regardless of how advanced it is... >
  • If you could make any quilt, regardless of how advanced it is...

• If you could make any quilt, regardless of how advanced it is...

Old 09-22-2013, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie
    Mine would be Dear Jane. The actual blocks don't intimidate me . . . but the magnitude of the project does. There are just SO MANY little pieces! There are SO MANY little points and intersections, to match up! It boggles my mind, just thinking about it.
    I totally agree I did start and made about 15 blocks and then I just took those and put them in the middle of another quilt with rogue blocks lol.
    Old 09-22-2013, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by dc989
    What is and where would I find the pattern Snake River Log Cabin? My sister saw one at the Puyallup fair in WA state and mentioned that IF I wanted to make her a quilt that would be the one. I haven't goggled it yet. Your post reminded me of her comment.
    That quilt is in the Judy Martin book of log cabin quilts....
    Old 09-22-2013, 09:50 AM

I think the double wedding ring is intimidating - not because of technique, but time involved. I started a DWR with John Flynn's templates and technique . I got three blocks done and thought - I DON'T THINK SO. So for ME, I would not take the time to make a DWR.
    Old 09-22-2013, 09:53 AM

I just finished my first bargello, it's a crib/wall size. I now want to make a larger bed size one using a Caribbean Blue gradation. Wish my luck! I didn't think I would like doing bargello, but I do! I have also always loved Mariner's Compass.
    Old 09-22-2013, 09:56 AM

In the category of "I think I can, I think I can....well, maybe: Be Colorful by Jacqueline De Jonge. Under the category of only in my dreams: A Baltimore Album quilt. Each year the "I think I can" quilts seem more like "Maybe, as long as my eyes hold out" I'm loving this thread!
    Alice
    Old 09-22-2013, 10:01 AM

Almost any of Jenny Beyer's patterns, or Judy Neimeyer's. I have a couple of Jenny Beyer's patterns. I love her geometric quilts, and the tessellating quilts. I will do one someday, and at least a mariner's compass.

Sue
    Old 09-22-2013, 10:08 AM

Bloomin 9 Patch....I just love the way the different fabrics all flow together
    Old 09-22-2013, 10:22 AM
    Power Poster

I do love feathered star patterns, as well as just about all star patterns. I did a Dresden plate in blues and white, which was stunning, even my picky brother said it was the best quilt I'd ever done and he didn't think I could do any quilt that good again. How's that for a vote of confidence? I should say that the quilt was made for a family reunion, with family members sending in blue fabric. I was amazed at all the bright blues that came to me, and I could not have coordinated it better myself. But for me there are two quilts I really want to make, one is a Boston Commons quilt done in all purple/blue batiks, which I have acquired over several years. The other is a Double Wedding Ring, and I'd purchased the heavy plastic templates and some one in my family (don't know who, which is probably good) threw them out. Not the first time my family has trashed something that was important to me, but I will make that quilt some day.
    Old 09-22-2013, 10:39 AM
    yel

mariners compass in brown /orange and some blue batiks
    Old 09-22-2013, 10:42 AM

The one I am longing to make is Flowers for My Wedding Ring - Judy Neimeyer. I am not too intimidated by it but I am sure it is going to take a long time to do and there are a couple of others I want to make first. One of my first quilts was Mariner's Compass. I was so new and inexperienced that I didn't realize that it was a "difficult" quilt. I did run into trouble but when I took my top to my favourite quilt shop, they suggested I undo some of what I did and pay particular attention to the 1/4 seams. They had to be super accurate. That was the only real problem that I had. I think we often sell ourselves short - we just need to realize that we are good and even if the quilt is not perfect, that's alright because neither are we and we are loved, just as the quilt will be.