Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • If you had $100: Recommendations >
  • If you had $100: Recommendations

• If you had $100: Recommendations

Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 PM

sense I am so close to Handcocks of Paducah, and get to the rements table often and get half off my fabrics, fabric is not high on my list of what to get, when I go to a quilt show, Have the Martelli ergonomic rotary cutter, matt and ruler, best matt of all of mine, and would probally get another one of them. maybe a larger and a smaller one, than the one I have. I also tend to buy ready made things at the quilt show I would never make for my self, like my wonderful bag with the tiny little piecing and tiny tiny tinest little praire points you every saw! Patterns, and things I do not see at local shops.

What ever you do get just have a wonderful time and happy birthday!!
    Old 02-14-2012, 02:17 PM

What is the advantage of the Martelli Rotary Cutter as opposed to the others.
    Elaine
    Old 02-14-2012, 03:02 PM

If you like (or want to try) using templates you might find some that you haven't seen at your LQS. You might also want to check out some of the hand dyed fabric like I saw at a booth in Dallas at the quilt show there last year. Then just treat yourself to whatever strikes your fancy. . .maybe a new gadget or two, or a really cute tote, who knows...you'll find something extra special I'm sure.
    Old 02-15-2012, 11:28 PM

spend some money on comfy shoes and strong tote bag. If it is the Puyallup Expo, you'll want to maybe bring along a small umbrella to get from car to entrance and then between buildings if we have rain --been known to happen. LOL I usually spend on one or two gadgets and just get business cards and fliers and note the patterns I must get out of the next budget. LOL Whatever you do, have fun! I will have an earmarked amount but hope to spend less time purchasing and more time exploring what the new items are. I just may invest in some woolens or specialty fabrics from the Vogue vender --all I have access to in person at the moment are cottons from the LQS. We are pooling resources and renting a van for a group of us to take the adventure.