Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • if. you post a "I messed this up" item - >
  • if. you post a "I messed this up" item -

• if. you post a "I messed this up" item -

Old 02-01-2014, 06:33 AM
    Power Poster

It seems to me that many times the asker knows what the answer is, but just needs some encouragement to do it!
    Old 02-01-2014, 06:34 AM

IMHO the original post has nothing to do with quilting. It's a psychological musing. What difference does it make? This only serves to discourage those from posting. It's a real concern to them,
    Old 02-01-2014, 06:35 AM
    Power Poster

[QUOTE=MaryKatherine;6547888]SYMPATHY
    MaryKatherine[/QUOT

Your things are such elegant masterpieces! I mostly come up with envy when I see your things!
    Old 02-01-2014, 06:42 AM

It all depends on what you're after. If you clearly state what you want, you're more apt to get the responses you crave. Keeping in mind, that it takes all kinds to make the world go round, you may receive some 'not so nice responses.' People's true colors come out when they can hide behind a computer. Bullies come in all ages, and with all different kinds of craft preferences.

Sometimes a mistake is found after the project is already completed. Out of sight, means out of mind! There are some quilts that I can't wait to present to the owner, just so I don't have to look at them anymore. Harder to make the quilts that are outside of my normal comfort zone. All of my quilts are gifts. If I did see a mistake, I normally fix them. I usually go by measure twice, cut once theory. I lay things out on the floor a lot, take a picture and refer to that A LOT!
    Old 02-01-2014, 06:47 AM

As some have said, it's a learning experience. If someone else has a problem, maybe I can learn from the answers to theirs and can prevent the problem from happening to me.

My pet peeve about this kind of thing is: someone posts "I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that." That wastes my time. Sounds like "bumping" to me. LOL

Last edited by maviskw; 02-01-2014 at 06:53 AM.
    Old 02-01-2014, 06:59 AM

What bothers me most is when the person gets a lot of replies but never tells the people who spent time on reading and responding what was actually chosen or how things ended up.

hugs,
    charlotte
    Old 02-01-2014, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by maviskw
    As some have said, it's a learning experience. If someone else has a problem, maybe I can learn from the answers to theirs and can prevent the problem from happening to me.

My pet peeve about this kind of thing is: someone posts "I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that." That wastes my time. Sounds like "bumping" to me. LOL
    One of mine is when someone asks HOW to do something, only to get a response of, "You can do it, however you want."
    Old 02-01-2014, 07:21 AM
    Power Poster

I was sent a pm saying negativity is not allowed. So now I will just post it looks great to me. LOL
    Old 02-01-2014, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by carolstickelmaier
    well in mho i like the posts. It helps me to be aware of what to watch out for if i am doing something similar. Besides if you can't vent to your friends who can you vent to.
    ditto...........hugs
    Old 02-01-2014, 07:36 AM

Sometimes I think those posts are what they call a "humble-brag"". While trying not to appear 'braggy' about your work, you mention a minuscule detail you can find wrong, so others will say, " Oh, no, it's so beautiful just the way it is!". But I think we can all tell when someone is actually having a problem figuring something out, and who is bragging. But, if you're proud of your work - just say so- we all have projects we would like others to admire!