Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I'm scaring myself >
  • I'm scaring myself

• I'm scaring myself

Old 05-15-2011, 03:25 PM

I'm thinking the quilting fairies were messing with you.... =)
    Old 05-15-2011, 03:51 PM

I understand your problem. I have two machines a 6 yr. old Viking with a drop in bobbin and a over 20 yr old Pfaff with a front load bobbin both of which I bought new. Lately I have been having some trouble getting the feed dogs up on the viking after free motion quilting so have also been using the Pfaff for a lot of my piecing. I was cleaning the VIking and searched and searched for the bobbin case. I couldn't imagine how it could disappear when I had not moved from my sewing table. After much searching and frustration I realized that the bobbin case I was lookin for belong to the Pfaff not the viking.
    Old 05-15-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by butterflies5518
    Where you here last night? Wound a new bobbin and lost the bobbin cover plate - I checked everywhere for 2 hours! Just knew it was in my sewing room, well the sewing room is now clean, found a website to order a new one ordered it - found it! Stuck to my t-shirt!
    This is so funny, did you read my story about it stuck to my shoe. LOL At least I had not ordered it yet when it was found.

Jean
    Old 05-15-2011, 04:07 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMGoodness!!!! You mean I'm not the only one??!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 05-15-2011, 04:08 PM

no I hadn't, the shipping cost more than the part on top of it all! Probably would have cried had I an audience, but by myself all I could do was laugh...
    Old 05-15-2011, 04:14 PM

I remember once when I was in a heated conversation with a room mate in college, I opened the fridge and took out the milk. I closed the fridge and then thought "I need the milk" I opened the fridge, didn't see my milk, went on an absolute TIRADE that the person who shared the fridge took my milk. The whole while my room mate was looking from my face, to my hand, to my face, to my hand....so yeah...I know where you are coming from.
    Old 05-15-2011, 05:00 PM

OMG ROFLMAO lololol are we related????? WOOOHOOOO I am not the only one, lolol that's so funny (when it isn't me)
    Old 05-15-2011, 06:25 PM

well at least so far the only thing tied around my neck is still my cell phone. Yeah I have trouble finding car keys, getting my wallet back into the pocket it had just come out of. You name it, I probably have done something similar. At least we are all having laughs out of this. I heard that if you think you have alzheimer's you don't. It is the ones who don't think they have it that do. Now that is scary.
    Old 05-15-2011, 07:28 PM

I am glad we are not alone. Let's just hope there are not so many of us that we sink the ship! I have lost picture piecing templates - guess where? In the iron. The last place I would even think of looking. Once at work I had a electric stapler that would not work, so sent it out to maintenance to fix. They brought it back and said it would work if it had staples in in. Now why didn't I think of that!! It is amazing what we do (or don't do).
    Old 05-15-2011, 08:48 PM

Always check the freezer. Several years ago my mother lost the diamond out of her engagment ring again ( 50 years I guess it's possible) She looked for over a year and thought it gone. One Sunday after church they had company come. Grabbing a bag of vegetablesthey had frozen from their garden done the year prior,she poured them in a corning ware dish and microwaved it. Imagine the surprise of the guest who's plate in tinked on.