Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Inexpensive Replacement blades for rotary cutter >
  • Inexpensive Replacement blades for rotary cutter

• Inexpensive Replacement blades for rotary cutter

Old 05-20-2011, 06:16 PM

Went to Harbor Freight, they were out of the cutting blades. I asked if they were getting some in. The clerk said "you must be a quilter!.
    Old 05-20-2011, 06:50 PM

I ordered 10 packs online and prepared myself mentally for a long wait for them after reading some of the posts but was quite surprised when in just a few days they were here! When I need to drive 40 miles to the store - and MAYBE they will have them - it is just easier to order online for me and cheaper in the long run. I would never have known about them though if it weren't for this Board! Thanks.

Marysewfun
    Old 05-20-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrazygram
    This is an old topic but finally was able to get to Harbor Freight and bought "45mm replacement blades" for my Fiskar Rotary cutter. They are sold as "replacement carpet cutter blades" # 97642, $1.49 for a pkg of 2. I was to cheap to pay the shipping and knew I would be going to Spokane so waited. Actually sent my husband in and he bought 4 pkgs.
    Not sure who first mentioned these but THANK YOU and to all the newbies, this is a GREAT buy.
    I want to second the thank you. I bought some in Feb. and paid a little more $1.79 a pack, but I was still pleased about it. It's still cheaper than any others I've ever seen, so whoever started the thread, I too say THANK YOU.
    Old 05-21-2011, 03:16 AM

I bought 28 pks. in Lancaster last weekend @ HF. Sold 20 of them a my minigroup. The ladies were thrilled. This is a deal you can't pass up. They only sell 45mm.
    Old 05-22-2011, 05:56 PM

I just bought a couple of packages. They seem to cut better than the regular rotarty blades, but it could just be my imaganation!
    Old 05-22-2011, 06:08 PM

If you live that far from the store, with gas prices, wear and tear on your car and time driving to and from ... why don't you just order them online for Harbor Freight? The shipping is not the high. When the discussion was hot and heavy on this last year I couldn't get any of the blades locally, not even an hr away so I bit the bullet and ordered 20pks online.

Now that they are available again, I just might go and stock up, give some to friends as a surprise. The price is too good.