Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Infinity quilt >
  • Infinity quilt

• Infinity quilt

Old 01-03-2020, 04:24 PM

platyhiker, Thanks for bringing together some of the ideas and drawing the picture. I appreciate this input. I cant wait to start quilting this weekend!
    Anita
    Old 01-04-2020, 08:02 AM

What a beautiful Bargello!!!! Just wonderful. I have no suggestion for quilting though. On my Bargellos, I usually stitch in the ditch from top to bottom, about two inches apart. I can follow a straight line pretty well. I just don't like my quilting to show much. NOW, if I had a long arm, I would probably love the stitching to show! I am sure you will figure out exactly what you want. You have had good suggestions here.

Dina
    Old 01-09-2020, 09:50 AM

Wow! You did a fabulous job! This is a real treasure.

You have such strong vertical lines in the quilt, I would not mess with that. I would use straight-ish lines top to bottom, varying the width to add emphasis where wanted, and perhaps a line of hand stitched thicker thread ie. 12 perle cotton, just a touch here and there. I would quilt using the same colour as the background whenever possible the perle cotton, as I think a line or two of similar blues on the red fabric and a line or two of similar reds on the blue fabrics would look delightful.

Be sure to post a pic post quilting...but honestly anything you do will be great, the quilt piecing is the star here.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-09-2020 at 11:58 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps