Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • International Round Robin, 4 groups full, closed to new members >
  • International Round Robin, 4 groups full, closed to new members

• International Round Robin, 4 groups full, closed to new members

Old 08-30-2008, 01:31 PM

I to am watching this, to see how it works out. I'm glad to see a mix of people in terms of experience. I just hope there are lots of pictures and explainations. Maybe next time for me. It's scary thinking you might mess someones quilt up. Now on with the show :wink:
    Old 08-30-2008, 01:36 PM

I've never done this. Please don't go talking about us messing up other peoples' quilts!!! Just kidding ... I think. When I was trying to talk myself into doing this, I reasoned that my judgment, taste and ability was just as good as the next quilter's - maybe just different! I think it'll be a lot of fun.

Joanne
    Old 08-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    I to am watching this, to see how it works out. I'm glad to see a mix of people in terms of experience. I just hope there are lots of pictures and explainations. Maybe next time for me. It's scary thinking you might mess someones quilt up. Now on with the show :wink:
    I'm with you Ruth. It would be fun but... I don't want to mess up someone quilt.

Deb
    Old 08-30-2008, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Calico92402
    I've never done this. Please don't go talking about us messing up other peoples' quilts!!! Just kidding ... I think. When I was trying to talk myself into doing this, I reasoned that my judgment, taste and ability was just as good as the next quilter's - maybe just different! I think it'll be a lot of fun.

Joanne
    Good attitude! You go girl! I'll get in on the next one.

Deb
    Old 08-30-2008, 02:01 PM

Good for you. Calico. I have not quilted for long but its all good experience. We are all different and that is part of the fun. It is very exciting however.

Elle
    Old 08-30-2008, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Calico92402

Joanne
    Don't worry about screwing up. I thought the same when I joined the other Round Robin. But, let me tell you. You AND your machine seem to be on their best behavior when it comes to sewing. lol
    Don't be scared!
    Old 08-30-2008, 11:19 PM

I'm really glad everyones so welcoming to beginners. I'm new to this too. Im a little intimidated about all the beautiful applique being done for the centres - I've not really tried applique much before. I figure everyones got to start somewhere though.

I've finally decided on my centre block too. My centre will be pieced - and its going to be maple leaf blocks in autumnal colours. I bought the last of the fabric I need yesterday, and my BF is going to play golf today, so I can make a start. Looking to a nice quiet day with only the purr of the sewing machine...

Sarah x
    Old 08-31-2008, 12:41 AM

Sazu....if you go and check out the pictures from the other round robin, you'll see there is a diverse of centers there. Don't be intimidated. You'll do just fine and whatever you choose for your center,,,,it could be a bunch of blocks just sewn, know it will be back to you looking beautiful!
    Old 08-31-2008, 06:19 AM

Sazu, my block will also just be pieced, though I hope my (first ever!) paper piecing works out. I plan to start plenty early so that if it bombs, I'll have time to start over with something different that isn't paper pieced. I have all the pieces cut out and set aside, waiting for the time when I feel especially competent (huh?!) and ready to jump into it! No way I'd have the guts to applique, so don't worry a bit about that. Remember - it's YOUR quilt!

Joanne
    Old 09-01-2008, 02:35 PM

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. It really helps.

I've spent the evening with my colouring pencils and graph paper, and have 2 possible designs, both variations on the same thing. I think I prefer the more complex version of the 2. I've started cutting the fabric now, and really looking forward to watching it take form.

And if it goes wrong then theres time to start over...