Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • International Round Robin, Round 1, Everyone please read post on pg 35 >
  • International Round Robin, Round 1, Everyone please read post on pg 35

• International Round Robin, Round 1, Everyone please read post on pg 35

Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 AM

Sandpat and babeegirl...beautiful!!!
    Old 09-22-2008, 09:18 AM

Call me a wimp but I am finding the label harder than the block.

I finally found the fabric I have that goes through the printer. (I thought of you Terri)
    Old 09-22-2008, 09:21 AM

The reason I had my label done so fast is that I am using a Pigma pen and just writing on it!
    I didn't do anything but draw lines!!! :shock:
    Old 09-22-2008, 09:45 AM

I don't have a pigma pen yet. Maybe that is a good excuse to go to the fabric store. We will use any excuse won't we.
    Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 AM
    Banned

I plan on sending just a piece of paper with mine for everyone to sign. Then, when it comes back, I will scan and copy the whole thing to fabric through the printer. That way I can add any graphics or designs I want to the scan.
    Old 09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
    Power Poster

Just like the centers...we are all different! I just embroidered "International Round Robin Quilt, by my friends on Quiltingboard.com, 2008-2009" and left PLENTY of room for everyone to sign.
    Old 09-22-2008, 11:15 AM

Babeegirl I like your idea. Now I have more options to think about. That was my problem in the first place. I'm probably trying to make it more difficult than it needs to be. I just know how special it is going to be after you all do your work to it that I want it all to be that special. I know, I know it is just a label but it's important.
    Old 09-24-2008, 12:02 PM

Well I have managed to finish my block and have just finished my label today. Its ready to go of to Guam to Terri. Thouhgt I would send it out now as I have found that Terri has "snail mail". Sorry Terri, maybe its me that has snail mail. The soner you have it the better.

It will go off tomorrow.

Canīt wait to see what you do with it?????

Elle
    Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 PM

i am so bummed. I was working on my landscape quilt and I'm just not sure it is going to work. I want to use clear thread to applique the dogwood blossoms (tree itself is done) and i have both nylon and poly - the poly thread won't stay on the spool and keeps getting tangled up while I am winding the bobbin :x . The nylon thread is on a spool with the little "knick" in it at one end, which of course is the end that the thread has to wrap around (I have a horizontal thread thingie) and the thread keeps getting stuck in that little knick and stops/breaks. I bought a vertical spool holder today and hopefully that will help.

Plus, I was going to cut out these beautiful wisteria blossoms and machine applique them on, but as I was getting ready to cut them out, I looked closer and I just won't be able to cut them out without leaving so much background fabric around the blossoms that is will look so bad onthe quilt center. So, then I put some grass under the tree and hopefully will be able to do a bird bath with a small bird on it - and then applique SPRING vertically down the other 1/2 of the block. But it's not goingn to look like i wanted it to. :cry: :cry:

So then I found a great dogwood applique pattern in a book that Henry has and now I might totally change course and do that instead. Not as detailed and will be simpler and quicker to finish. But I really want to finish my landscape quilt!!!!! I'm so STUCK on which to do!! :?

Thanks for listening :-)
    Old 09-24-2008, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by mamatobugboo
    i am so bummed. I was working on my landscape quilt and I'm just not sure it is going to work. I want to use clear thread to applique the dogwood blossoms (tree itself is done) and i have both nylon and poly - the poly thread won't stay on the spool and keeps getting tangled up while I am winding the bobbin :x . The nylon thread is on a spool with the little "knick" in it at one end, which of course is the end that the thread has to wrap around (I have a horizontal thread thingie) and the thread keeps getting stuck in that little knick and stops/breaks. I bought a vertical spool holder today and hopefully that will help.

Plus, I was going to cut out these beautiful wisteria blossoms and machine applique them on, but as I was getting ready to cut them out, I looked closer and I just won't be able to cut them out without leaving so much background fabric around the blossoms that is will look so bad onthe quilt center. So, then I put some grass under the tree and hopefully will be able to do a bird bath with a small bird on it - and then applique SPRING vertically down the other 1/2 of the block. But it's not goingn to look like i wanted it to. :cry: :cry:

So then I found a great dogwood applique pattern in a book that Henry has and now I might totally change course and do that instead. Not as detailed and will be simpler and quicker to finish. But I really want to finish my landscape quilt!!!!! I'm so STUCK on which to do!! :?

Thanks for listening :-)
    Post a picture of what you have so far so that we can see, pleeaasee.