Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Ironing a king sized quilt top >
  • Ironing a king sized quilt top

• Ironing a king sized quilt top

Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 PM

I put an old sheet on the floor under the ironing board for the quilt top to land on. Keeps the lint, extra pieces of material and thread to a minimum as they are under the sheet.
    Old 06-03-2011, 03:47 AM

My first one is going to be my last one. It was fun because it was for me but ironing it was a big pain. and sewing the rows. I probably gave up 1/2 way through and since it is for me who cares??? Plus I did not get the 1/4 of an inch seems right and it is coming apart in many places. I keep the thread and needle in my room and keep repairing it. I am so glad it is for me and not some one else. I would be so embarrassed. I do wonder about the ones I gave away. I think there is just one out there that I took apart so much because I made so many mistakes on it that is probably falling apart. Good luck on your though..
    Old 06-10-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingfan
    My first one is going to be my last one. It was fun because it was for me but ironing it was a big pain. and sewing the rows. I probably gave up 1/2 way through and since it is for me who cares??? Plus I did not get the 1/4 of an inch seems right and it is coming apart in many places. I keep the thread and needle in my room and keep repairing it. I am so glad it is for me and not some one else. I would be so embarrassed. I do wonder about the ones I gave away. I think there is just one out there that I took apart so much because I made so many mistakes on it that is probably falling apart. Good luck on your though..
    Well, then, let's just say you made them a "lace quilt!"
    Old 06-10-2011, 05:27 PM

Jacquie, what a great (and simple) idea. Why did I not think of it YEARS ago. Think of the re-ironing I could have saved! And like justwannaquilt, when I do it I try not to think past one more ironing board ahead of myself. But first I think of lots of reasons to put it off!