Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Isacord Thread in BC, Canada or Washington State >
  • Isacord Thread in BC, Canada or Washington State

• Isacord Thread in BC, Canada or Washington State

Old 04-22-2012, 07:43 PM

Question Isacord Thread in BC, Canada or Washington State

I would like to try out Isacord thread for free motion quilting, but have no idea where I can go locally to buy a spool to try the stuff out (don't really want to buy a $124 kit until I know I like it)!

Does anyone know if there is a shop that carries it in the Greater Vancouver, BC area (preferred), or in northwestern Washington state?

Many thanks,
    Janet
    Old 04-23-2012, 10:08 AM

No, but Leah Day sells it on her website where she teaches free motion quilting. That's what she uses.
    Old 04-24-2012, 06:36 AM

Have you tried places like Wineberry Fabrics in Surrey, Tom's Sewing in Surrey or Countryfolk in Chilliwalk, Hamel's Fabrics in Chilliwalk, It's a Great Notion in Langley and Abbotsford, Quilt Essentials in Abbotsford, A Quilted Bear in Ladner, Creative Expressions (I think) in Dollarton (North Van).
    Old 04-24-2012, 08:00 AM

I actually bought some on ebay , loved it and bought more. I also think that Marathon threads carry it, http://marathonthreads.ca/, you can email or call and ask them I included the website.
    Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM

I know A Great Notion does not carry it nor does the Quilted Bear. Tom's may be a possibility, but my point here was not to have to drive all over the entire Lower Mainland if I could help it! Just wanted to know if anyone had actually located a local source. Most of our local stores are not into much past Guterman thread.
    Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 PM

Check with any Bernina sewing machine dealer.
    Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM

Smile isacord threads

Stitchintheditch.com in Canada have the full range of Isacord threads at amazing prices - I bought 50 threads last week and now am going to order more, they are bringing in any that I want that are not as yet on their website, I recommend this store they have great prices fantastic service and will really try to help- they are Canadian and I love to buy Canadian-- you will love this thread it is really the best and my Bernina purrs when I am using this
    QUOTE=WesternWilson;5162812]I would like to try out Isacord thread for free motion quilting, but have no idea where I can go locally to buy a spool to try the stuff out (don't really want to buy a $124 kit until I know I like it)!

Does anyone know if there is a shop that carries it in the Greater Vancouver, BC area (preferred), or in northwestern Washington state?

Many thanks,
    Janet[/QUOTE]
    Old 07-04-2013, 09:02 AM

think I replied incorrectly - as I am not used to participating! usually just brower - then I saw that people wanted to know about Isacord and I had just purchased, my local quilt shop had a few but the price was more than double that at Stitch in the Ditch - hopefully I have it right now
    Old 07-04-2013, 09:20 AM

Marathon threads sell marathon threads - I have tried these and they are not the same quality as Isacord, they also get brittle very quickly and create more lint than Isacord -- that is what I have experienced
    Old 07-04-2013, 05:15 PM

Don't know about Isacord; but up in your neck of the woods, you can get Aurefil at great prices at tristan.ca. Really good prices!