Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • IT'S GONE- HELP! >
  • IT'S GONE- HELP!

• IT'S GONE- HELP!

Old 09-15-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
    .....Unfortunately, the serial number data on our website is no longer available.

However, you can still get your historical questions answered by either emailing us at [email protected] or by calling our Consumer Affairs Department at 1-800-474-6437 - Monday through Friday, 8AM to 4PM CS
    Curious why they would rather be bothered by lots of phone calls instead of having the info on the web.

piney
    Old 09-15-2011, 05:54 PM

That is a disappointment. Just the other dayi scouted out how to find a featherweight from 1947 and it listed the AG serial numbers as one that was possibly manufactured on her birth month...I cant find it anymore. Perhaps someone who printed out the site as it was previously could upload it as a PDF....
    Old 09-15-2011, 06:01 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Xtgirl
    That is a disappointment. Just the other dayi scouted out how to find a featherweight from 1947 and it listed the AG serial numbers as one that was possibly manufactured on her birth month...I cant find it anymore. Perhaps someone who printed out the site as it was previously could upload it as a PDF....
    We can't do that, because each page was marked as copyright by Singer.
    Old 09-15-2011, 06:11 PM

What would be the catalyst for them making this decision? The information is of historical value to collectors as well as users of the machines. Perhaps they believe the cutesy birth certificate they recently debuted is sufficient for most people.

Being a cynic, I believe they will put the information back up on a Pay site.
    Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
    What would be the catalyst for them making this decision? The information is of historical value to collectors as well as users of the machines. Perhaps they believe the cutesy birth certificate they recently debuted is sufficient for most people.

Being a cynic, I believe they will put the information back up on a Pay site.
    Same thought- they are planning to put it up at a price.
    Calls to them have been nothing but a busy line so it's less then a solution- if anyone gets through we'd all love to hear the details
    Old 09-17-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by nana2makm
    I have the same problem as DogHouseMom.... I have found two different dates for the SN that I have on my red eye. It starts with G and I've found both 1910 and 1913. model 15 & 66. It definately looks like a 66.
    This is why this info is so vital There are cetain anomillies such as the machie we have listed on ebay currently. Singer says it's a straight 15k made in Scotland made 1947. The decaling says made in Canada. IT looks and operates like a 15-91 and there is a 1951 centennial commeration plate on the front which is 4 years after the date Singer has on file- odd- My husband compares it to a rare 2 headed coin. We've researched and asked a lot of other historians but are coming up empty as to how this came about. Their info may not be pefect but it's the only way to identify some models.
    Old 09-17-2011, 09:16 AM

thank you so much for this blog and also the list of serial numbers. I also have a singer.