Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • It's Saturday - What are you sewing today? >
  • It's Saturday - What are you sewing today?

• It's Saturday - What are you sewing today?

Old 08-20-2011, 03:19 PM

Jan in VA- I hope you are alright! I just got some shocking news myself that I can't stop thinking about! I just hope everything works out for you as well as this family member of ours.

As far as my Saturday sewing-I wished. However, I have no room to complain, I did make a quilted trivet this a.m., still got to hand sew the binding on. Just like that sew much better. Anyway I am hoping to perfect these trivets and make a bunch for Christmas presents. I firgue everyone can use a potholder/trivet, right? I did some housework, transplanted a couple plants, and got the car wash, family came in this afternoon to visit. Now, I may get some sewing in yet tonite, that is my plan anyway!
    Old 08-20-2011, 03:20 PM

Jan in VA- I hope you are alright! I just got some shocking news myself that I can't stop thinking about! I just hope everything works out for you as well as this family member of ours.

As far as my Saturday sewing-I wished. However, I have no room to complain, I did make a quilted trivet this a.m., still got to hand sew the binding on. Just like that sew much better. Anyway I am hoping to perfect these trivets and make a bunch for Christmas presents. I firgue everyone can use a potholder/trivet, right? I did some housework, transplanted a couple plants, and got the car wash, family came in this afternoon to visit. Now, I may get some sewing in yet tonite, that is my plan anyway! Got dishes to do now.
    Old 08-20-2011, 03:22 PM

No sewing today. Was sewing until late last night, but not quilt related. Today was move in day for DD, so hemmed scrubs (she ended up chosing store bought from Walmart... I think mine would have been cuter, but you can't beat the price) and made a shower curtain as she couldn't find one she liked. I started the button holes at about 9:00; finished them and hemmed it by 11:00.

BUT - tomorrow I'm going to work on Chain of Faith from Moda's Bakeshop.
    Old 08-20-2011, 04:24 PM

AWWWW... I have a beagle too! I am not sewing today; just cutting fabric for my 50th birthday quilt (have a year to get it done!) which is a scrappy version of Eleanor Burns' Day and Night done all in batiks. I decided for this one quilt to splurge and not hit my stash or any other stores except my LQS----so I'm buying fabric and making blocks a little at a time. Just an FYI----- 1/3 yard each of two fabrics makes two blocks.
    Old 08-20-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kristin in ME
    Still quilting away at the Log Cabin I'm making for DH. I'm on a mission- I would SO love to have it done for our anniversary (mid-Sept.) but just don't know if it's possible. Trying hard, though!
    You can do it!!!! You can do it!!!!!
    Old 08-20-2011, 05:08 PM

No sewing for me today-I feel like garbage! Sore throat, nasty cough, headache, eyes burning. I have made it as far as the couch today, but don't even want to sit up! Am reading a new quilting book tho!
    Old 08-20-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Montana Quilter
    No sewing for me today-I feel like garbage! Sore throat, nasty cough, headache, eyes burning. I have made it as far as the couch today, but don't even want to sit up! Am reading a new quilting book tho!
    Oh no! I hope you feel better tomorrow!
    Old 08-20-2011, 05:44 PM

I'm working on the front of a deep purple, lime green and white baby quilt for my God daughter's soon to be daughter. The colors sound odd together, but don't look as bad as I thought they would. I've already completed the backing. It's going to be a double sided quilt. The lattice on the back is white and on the front is deep purple. Each side has 6" squares surrounded with lattice and piano keys as a border. When I'm done, I hope to figure out how to post a picture! Happy quilting to all!
    Old 08-20-2011, 05:49 PM

No quilting today, I need a sermon for tomorrow. We lost a very close friend this week and I've been unable to focus on anything. I have to take another funeral this week. She was a friend too. I can do funerals for people I don't know but it's really hard when it's close friends.
    Old 08-20-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by pastorpatricia
    No quilting today, I need a sermon for tomorrow. We lost a very close friend this week and I've been unable to focus on anything. I have to take another funeral this week. She was a friend too. I can do funerals for people I don't know but it's really hard when it's close friends.
    Oh no, I'm so sorry for your losses, and that you are in this difficult position.