Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • It's Virtual Quilt Day!!  Today - Sunday, March 17, 2013 >
  • It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, March 17, 2013

• It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, March 17, 2013

Old 03-17-2013, 09:41 AM

So many inspiring quilts to look at this fine morning. I didn't think I would be in the mood this morning - last night woke up to the worst headache and even had to run to the bathroom and empty my stomach. Ran a hot shower - drank a hot cup of peppermint tea - finally got back to sleep and this morning - I am feeling right as rain. That being said - all your projects have inspired one of my own. My husband's 54th birthday is one week - I have a quilt top I made him when I first started quilting 3 yrs ago - I think I am going to load it on my Avante and quilt it as a surprise for his birthday. Will post pics later. Thanks for all the inspiration this morning.
    Old 03-17-2013, 09:43 AM

Joining you now. I'm making a large block DNP today.
    Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 AM

I'm reading this thread, does that count??? I am hoping to sew a border on a top today.
    Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 AM

It's almost 2:00 here, and I have actually finished two rows of quilting on Dancing with the Stars (my goal was 1, with a stretch goal of 2 by the end of the day). Taking a break now, to figure out my cut list for my next quilt. But after this much progress, I'm revising my wish list to *finishing* the quilting on this beast. If I can do that, I can take it to Show and Tell at guild on Wednesday - that should keep me motivated.
    Old 03-17-2013, 09:56 AM

Hopetoquilt, I think I would choose a solid colour from within the quilt I think a white or black border may be too much. I am so pleased you posted this today as I just found a tutorial for this quilt and thought I would like to make it. Yours has turned out really nice.

I allowed my quilting to be hijacked a little and made a grocery bag holder and also recovered a double foam cushion for my DD's sofa.

Got started on quilting about 2pm and have managed to do lots, just need to mark out and straight line quilt the borders and then the bit I am really looking forward to (not) fmq around 96 leaves and 48 flowers. I enjoy doing the binding so that will be my reward for all that fmq. Time now is 5.50 pm, so having a cup of coffee and will then do the borders, that might be it for today as my DD is coming around later and I am going to show her how to use the rotary cutter so she can begin to make her first quilt - she is a total none sewist not even how to sew on a button - so I am really thrilled that she wants to join me in my hobby. Wish us luck.
    Old 03-17-2013, 10:03 AM

Well I've finished the top except for some hand sewing. Going to look for batting and a backing. Photo is of finished top.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 03-17-2013, 10:05 AM

Well, I won't get the baby quilt finished today. My friend just called and wants us to go out for an evening meal with them. We will probably end up at their place after the meal. Hopefully I will be able to continue the quilting tomorrow.

Best of luck with all your quilting endeavors. Have a great evening.
    Old 03-17-2013, 10:08 AM

Dottymo you have made a lovely job of that quilt it is really cute.
    Old 03-17-2013, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Dottymo you have made a lovely job of that quilt it is really cute.
    Canny quilter baby not due until next month. Something must be wrong or is it just this fabulous day given me inspiration to keep going. Thank you.
    Old 03-17-2013, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
    @ Hopetoquilt: Post#10: I am also working on the Charming Addition pattern today along with the dresden plate blocks.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]402329[/ATTACH]
    This is not as easy as it looks to keep every thing in order and having cut the bits to the right size. What do you think?
    i like yours better. It was a pain to keep everything in the right order. I don't have a design wall either. Just used the floor. I believe I will go to Joanne's and see if I can find one of the batiks to use as a border. A ton of work for such a small quilt.