Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome 6500 update!!!!! >
  • Janome 6500 update!!!!!

• Janome 6500 update!!!!!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by vickimc
    you are right, he is great. I know him too. I am in Orangeburg. glad you like your machine now. I have a 6600 and love it.
    this is so cool that people here know people in real life that I know. I feel like he is famous now LOL
    Old 06-29-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by nhnative
    Originally Posted by wannaquilt1
    yes I am very lucky, he came to my house and even brought the Janome 3160 along just in case i wanted to keep that one instead since it's a brand new machine and would be the same price. Isn't he awesome? I guess it's someting with being in the south... you know southern hospitality and such. I'm very lucky. I came here 3 yrs ago from Cleveland Ohio so it really is a new world for me. No one went out of their way to be helpful there so I'm still getting used to how nice things are here :)
    That's funny. I moved to NE Ohio 4 years ago from NH
    wow you are right by where I used to Hang out! I love Cuyahoga Falls. Isn't that where they have "rockin on the river?" we used to go there every summer and hang out. I graduated from Kent State and met my husband there. Ahh the memories. I miss it. I really miss Fall in Ohio... here we don't get many seasons except for hot and humid LOL
    Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 PM

Ok, so I am still having trouble with the bobbin catching when I am FMQ with the regular quilting foot. I am going to wait for him to get the straight stitch plate he is ordering for me and hopefully that will solve the problem. Either that or it's me. I don't know. cross your fingers and toes for me cuz otherwise this is a dream machine and i want to keep it.
    Old 06-30-2011, 12:15 AM

Thank Goodness for our great dealers! I practically lived down at mine as I was learning to do machine embroidery. Mine is about 10 blocks away from where I live, so it's really easy to pop in whenever I have a question.
    Old 06-30-2011, 12:16 AM

Oh I just love that shop. Those folks are really so helpful. Their other shop in Charleston is great too; if they still have it. I left S.C. in 2004 so I don't know if they have weathered the downturn in our economy. I sure hope so. Both shops were full of really wonderful people and great quilting treasures.
    Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 AM

Both shops are unique and are awesome. I love to visit each year when I'm in SC. Even my dh can usually find some material for me when we go to Sommerville. I like the shop in Charleston too, small and quaint.
    Old 06-30-2011, 04:26 AM

I'll look for you when I visit the Summerville Store. I know what you mean about wanting to work there. When I visit my LQS, I just want to stay. It is such fun being around all of those beautiful fabrics and quilting supplies. Hope to see you soon.
    Old 06-30-2011, 05:09 AM

Ok, so I am still having trouble with the bobbin catching when I am FMQ with the regular quilting foot. I am going to wait for him to get the straight stitch plate he is ordering for me and hopefully that will solve the problem. Either that or it's me. I don't know. cross your fingers and toes for me cuz otherwise this is a dream machine and i want to keep it.
    By the "trouble with the bobbin catching" do you mean the machine is skipping stitches?

Have you tried adjusting the height on the foot (shortening or lengthening the spring by turning the screwy thing at the top of the foot)?
    Old 06-30-2011, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by newestnana
    By the "trouble with the bobbin catching" do you mean the machine is skipping stitches?

Have you tried adjusting the height on the foot (shortening or lengthening the spring by turning the screwy thing at the top of the foot)?
    no it's actually getting caught up in the feed dogs. I'll try the straight stitch plate.
    Old 06-30-2011, 06:34 AM

btw you should join the yahoo group for 6500/6600 owners:

go to yahoo.com then groups and search on janome6500.