Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome Artistic Quilter 18 >
  • Janome Artistic Quilter 18

• Janome Artistic Quilter 18

Old 07-17-2011, 06:12 AM

Hi Judy,

as for the RA thread....i made the 50 mile round trip to my sewing machine store, only to find they don't carry it in this store!!! they have 3 store, and just my luck not in this one.

so i'm going to hold my breath and go load on a quilt and try the thread i have here. Dear heavens i hope it works, and doesn't cause a problem.

As for the size of their thread, i checked that co. web site and they do sell larger spools. web site is nice as you can also see the colors they have. Now the issue is finding a store that is not a 2hr round trip from me. lol

Have fun quilting today..that's where i'm headed now,
    Suzy
    Old 07-18-2011, 03:25 AM

Yep, set up and installation, plus a lesson all for "free" because my mom paid in cash. I'm not sure how "free" it really was, since it sounds like some people have purchased it cheaper online, but having support and customer service from a local business seems to be worth a lot while we're working the bugs out. It goes a long way in building customer loyalty!
    Old 07-21-2011, 05:47 PM

Hi Suzy and Christine,
    Can either of you give me any suggestions on how to load my leaders for a more permanent method? I used the blue painters tape to start with and want to make it more permanent. Hope both of you are up and running by now! I have the Majestic frame but I can't seem to use their tubing method, too hard to push in, thanks. Judy
    Old 07-21-2011, 07:00 PM

Hi Judy,

boy i agree with you...hated the tubing method. fought with it tooth and nail. Finally got it in but the tubing keeps stretching and moving.

Wish i could give you a better idea, but i have not figured it out yet. if i do i'll post it.

really not up and running yet. taking time out right now to take a class on a quilt top this weekend. hopefully i'll get back to the machine on Monday.

happy quilting,
    Suzy
    Old 07-22-2011, 03:32 AM

Hi Judy,
    Sorry, I've got nothing on that yet, but I hear you about the tubing being a pain. Who knew it could slide around so much once it was in or that pushing it in would be such a pain? I've got a dvd from Grace and they make it look so easy!

I think I've seen threads on here about duct taping it to the poles or using velcro. Velcro sounds like a good idea, since it would be easier to switch leaders when doing a smaller quilt.
    Old 07-22-2011, 04:17 AM

lol...about the dvd...notice how they break away and come back? didn't pay too much attention to the slight gap, till i was standing on my head trying to get mine in. i actually took my poles off the frame and put them on my counter so i could push harder!
    Old 07-22-2011, 03:05 PM

Thanks for your replies, I'll poke around and see what I can find. Judy
    Old 07-27-2011, 04:39 AM

Update - The LQS is shipping our machine back to Janome because the problem continued even though the LQS replaced the control board, or control panel, or something. Sniff, sniff. Hopefully when it comes back everything will be fine and ready to go. In the meantime, I've purchased a few dvds - the Pajama Quilter dvds by Dawn Ramirez and Machine Quilting for Beginners with Kim Brunner. I'm going to study up!
    Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 AM

Sorry to hear she had to go back but hopefully she will be good to go for you. I know what you mean by "sniff sniff"! Good luck please let us know the outcome. Judy
    Old 07-27-2011, 08:47 AM

I am SO sorry to hear this...really have to wonder if this machine was released too early! Seems like way too many issues with them. Mine is still not perfect.

I'm very impressed by the company you are dealing with, now that is what service is suppose to be like! As much as i know this is killing you, I'm thrilled you are getting the best service, wish we all were.

Dry your tears and study up,,,i'm going to look into those DVD's as i didn't know about them. Thanks for listing them.