Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome dealers >
  • Janome dealers

• Janome dealers

Old 09-14-2014, 08:21 AM

Last I heard Janome would not allow this machine to be sold through websites and only through dealers. I have seen prices on this particular machine range from $2500-$3700. I have this machine and love it. I found shopping for it to be frustrating because I was quoted different prices. I bought mine from a dealer in Pompano Beach Florida who has a large internet business along with his local shop. He was the one that told me about the restrictions on this machine. I'm not sure if they could do an over the phone sale and ship it or not. Other Janome machines can be sold on line and through places like HSN etc. If you can find a dealer that is within driving distance from where you live and you now know the price range to negotiate that might be the way to go. It is a rather intuitive machine so if you know how to sew you can figure out the machine without classes and such. As far as warranty repairs any Janome dealer honors that. You don't have to buy your machine from them. The large harp area on this machine makes it a dream to quilt with. Good luck with your search. You won't be disappointed with the machine.
    Old 09-14-2014, 05:53 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter
    Last I heard Janome would not allow this machine to be sold through websites and only through dealers.

It may be Janome's suggestion it isn't suppose to be sold online but it is. I found this machine on a lot of shop's websites for sale that sell other brands too. It's odd but a lot of the shops are vacuum cleaner dealers too. Never understood that. I don't know what models HSN will have but it's suppose to be five different models other then what they have been selling of Janome machines. I got upset with the Bernina dealer when I asked the price of the machine I was interested in and she said Hmmmm, come to my office, I don't want to be overheard giving a price. I didn't go to her office and I didn't buy the machine from her. It's stupid for a sewing machine to have a secret price.
    Old 09-15-2014, 03:00 AM

I was at a shop that posted the prices on a chart. "Financed" price, "trade in" price, Cash with trade-in, CASH PRICE (no trade-in, Lowest price!). It must work for her, she moves a lot of machines. No haggle, no "freebies". She telss it like it is in a straightforward manner.

sandy
    Old 09-15-2014, 04:24 AM

That sort of thing smacks of the old fast-and-loose car salesman tricks to me. Tell me the price up front. If I want it, I'll buy it. If I don't, I'll move along. Reputable companies shouldn't have to resort to that sort of thing! Secret prices? What is that?? I have a couple of the lower end Janome for straight piecing, and some high end Brother machines for embroidery and other sewing, plus my longarm machine. I didn't buy any of them wondering what the price was. I knew ahead of time. Otherwise they'd still be sitting waiting for a different buyer than me. LOL
    Old 09-15-2014, 05:18 AM
    Power Poster

WOW, I could not imagine buy a DSM without a dealer nearby to service the machine. Guess I am just a city girl after all!!
    Old 09-15-2014, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl
    I was at a shop that posted the prices on a chart. "Financed" price, "trade in" price, Cash with trade-in, CASH PRICE (no trade-in, Lowest price!). It must work for her, she moves a lot of machines. No haggle, no "freebies". She telss it like it is in a straightforward manner.

sandy
    I wish they would all do this, I also hate that secret price thing, I always leave feeling I can never trust the dealer, a sleazy feel. Especially when they combine it with degrading other brands. So if any dealers read this list you should know that I have never bought from a dealer who does this, I just leave the shop & never go back.
    Old 09-15-2014, 06:11 AM

Good luck when you do get your 8900, I love mine!
    Old 09-15-2014, 06:15 AM

Both Bernina dealers in my area have hang tags with the price posted on all machines...the only way to do business, if you ask me. When the price is a secret, I feel like the dealer is sizing up the customer....getting a feel for what he/she will pay. A nicely dressed person will pay more.....maybe?????? What other reason could there be???
    Old 09-15-2014, 06:35 AM

My LQS posts prices on the machines as well but they certainly aren't prices you want to pay (if you have done research and heard what other people have paid). My Crescendo had a price of $5999. No one is paying that price. Based on a lot of internet searches, I've heard anywhere from $3200 to $4200 from people buying in the last year. I had to really, really haggle and I was paying full cash and had an excellent machine for a trade-in. I do not feel I got a good price at all but any other deal was several hours drive and I didn't want to do that. Of course the dealer felt I was getting a great price. I came home with that horrible feeling like when you buy a car from a dealership!!! Why does it have to be so hard?
    Old 09-15-2014, 09:15 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
    WOW, I could not imagine buy a DSM without a dealer nearby to service the machine. Guess I am just a city girl after all!!
    Dealers love customers like that.