Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome machines >
  • Janome machines

• Janome machines

Old 01-02-2011, 12:06 PM

I have a 6600 too and don't know about new accessories. My dealer is an hour away. Is there an on-line source for Janome? I want to start quilting again after a year of poor health and would love to know about new goodies!
    Old 01-02-2011, 12:35 PM

I bought mine from Brubaker's online. My dealer is also an hour away and also seems to be closed on the days or the times we're out that way.
    Old 01-02-2011, 12:37 PM

The foot is an extra accessory called a fmq foot. It comes as a spring loaded open toe foot plus a special bobbin holder.I have found it to be very good especially when you stop and restart there is no jump forward.
    Old 01-02-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by gale
    I bought mine from Brubaker's online. My dealer is also an hour away and also seems to be closed on the days or the times we're out that way.

Me too! great prices,and customer service too.

make sure you get the feet for your machine.

http://brubakerssewing.com/store/ind....html?limit=30

the bobbin holder for Free Motion Quilting:
    http://brubakerssewing.com/store/ind...in-holder.html

If you can FMQ without it, great! (more money for fabric!)

do not expect miracles from this bobbin holder, it helps with tension issues for sure.

you STILL need to practice,practice and more practice!

:thumbup:

notice "blue" arrow on holder
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]152070[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-152065.jpe  
    Old 01-02-2011, 01:22 PM

Thanks all! I am happy to have found this forum and such a speedy and helpful group! Will go check it out.
    Old 01-02-2011, 01:23 PM

I can't find my screwdriver. Used it a couple of weeks ago and now I don't know what happened to it. A regular one does not work at all with my Janome QC. I may have to buy the set referenced, as well. Will go tomorrow to purchase another one from the dealer.

What I don't like about my Janome is how often I have to clean the bobbin area and can't get to it as well as I can with my other two machines. With the other two I can take the entire bobbin area apart and clean it thoroughly.

Midwestqltr
    Old 01-02-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by midwestqltr
    I can't find my screwdriver. Used it a couple of weeks ago and now I don't know what happened to it. A regular one does not work at all with my Janome QC. I may have to buy the set referenced, as well. Will go tomorrow to purchase another one from the dealer.

What I don't like about my Janome is how often I have to clean the bobbin area and can't get to it as well as I can with my other two machines. With the other two I can take the entire bobbin area apart and clean it thoroughly.

Midwestqltr
    do you have a "hrbor freight" store? i got my stubby screwdriver from there..or the dollor store..that is one thing you don't need from the dealer! to expensive!

i use disposbable eyelash brushes to clean in there really good!
    Old 01-02-2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by gale
    I thought she meant the screw that holds the foot on. Mine is fine for the accufeed feet but for the regular foot holder I have to be careful because in order to unscrew it enough to get the foot off the screw almost comes completely out. I have to be really careful to unscrew and keep trying to take the foot off at the same time, little by little.
    I have the same problem
    Old 01-02-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Inge
    Many have said wonderful things about their Janome. The one thing I have seen is that everyone hates that stupid little screw. Talked with my Janome dealer and they sell a bigger screw for alittle over a dollar. Wow I love my bigger screw. It does help.
    If you mean the screw that holds the shank on, I agree. I'm going to inquire about a larger one. Thanks for the info.
    Old 01-02-2011, 01:54 PM

I am wondering about that too...the blue bobbin holder...I have not bought it yet since I just heard about it while reading other peoples comments. I have the 7700. looks like a pain to remove it all the time.
    Originally Posted by milkbone
    I have 2 Janome machines---6600 and the Janome Platinum---and I hate the screws in the faceplate----actually I hate the angle the screwdriver has to be in to get to the screws. I can't wait till Harbor Freight opens----I am going to go get the screwdriver set---hope that helps.

One other question----on my Janome 6600, I have the special bobbin holder for quilting. Will it hurt if I keep that in for regular sewing all of the time? I do see a difference when I quilt with it compared to the normal holder but will I be hurting anything if I use it all of the time?