Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome Memory Craft 6500 walking/even feed foot help >
  • Janome Memory Craft 6500 walking/even feed foot help

• Janome Memory Craft 6500 walking/even feed foot help

Old 04-27-2016, 03:57 AM

Hi, Kimagine, I'm glad that I'm not the only person that has bother attaching a walking foot. I have a Janome DHL603 and it is a super machine, but every time I try to attach walking foot I have a terrible job.
    If I magnetise a screwdriver I can just about manage to put the screw in. Someone suggested to me to partially loosen the screw and this does help. Hope this information helps. Welcome to the site.
    Old 04-28-2016, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by kimagine
    Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this site but came for help.
    I'm trying to attach my walking foot to my Jamone Memory craft 6500 and it seems that the screw/hole on the presser bar doesn't line up with the middle of the walking foot "U" shaped attachment area. I can't move the foot any lower and it just doesn't line up.
    Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you resolve it? ( I had tried to attach a photo but it keeps uploading upside down.)
    I had that happen with my Janome 6500 too. I bought a walking foot at a quilt show after looking to see if it would fit my machine. I must have read wrong, because, just as your problem, I had the same issue. It was the wrong foot for my machine. I went to my dealer to have them explain to me why it wouldn't fit after I read which machines it would fit. Not only did they explain how I got confused (sorry, so long ago I can't remember why), they actually exchanged it for the correct size foot, even tho I didn't buy it from them. Love my dealer! Anyway, check to see if you accidentally bought the wrong size for the 6500. Hope you have as good of luck as I had!