Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome Memory Craft 6600P >
  • Janome Memory Craft 6600P

• Janome Memory Craft 6600P

Old 10-12-2011, 11:01 AM

I strongly suggest you join this very active and well run group. I have both the 6500 and the 6600 and I LOVE them both.

I don't find either one fussy about threads and I use Essential Threads frequently.

Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt
    There's a group on Yahoo just for owners of the Janome 6500 and 6600.
    Old 10-12-2011, 11:20 AM

I love my electronic machine, but I would keep your basic machine too, just in case one day you need it. I never have needed another, but I use one for heavy work. I have had my electronic machine about 9 years and it is still going strong.
    Old 10-12-2011, 11:21 AM

I love mine. I agree with everyone here. Read the manual and just play. I did a test run of all the stitches so I would have samples to refer to.

One thing I do when getting a new machine, is great a machine dust cover using the machine. Make it as fancy as you want piecing, using the fancy stitches, quilt it using flannel for batting, etc. When done you have a useful dust cover and you have learned how to use the machine at the same time.
    Old 10-12-2011, 11:46 AM

there is a good group on yahoo groups on the janome 6600 and 6500 that has a lot of information.
    If you have a janome store near you, go in and test drive one there and they can show you the ins/outs of the machine. My local sewing store has an introductory class - 2 - 4 hour sessions on the machine that they let me take. I bought mine from craigslist from someone who purchased it new at this shop 2 years ago. They may ask for a fee for the class but you should check with them what is available to you.

I really like the acufeed and use it whenever possible.
    Old 10-12-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by eb in calif
    there is a good group on yahoo groups on the janome 6600 and 6500 that has a lot of information.
    If you have a janome store near you, go in and test drive one there and they can show you the ins/outs of the machine. My local sewing store has an introductory class - 2 - 4 hour sessions on the machine that they let me take. I bought mine from craigslist from someone who purchased it new at this shop 2 years ago. They may ask for a fee for the class but you should check with them what is available to you.

I really like the acufeed and use it whenever possible.
    Can you advise how to sign up for the Yahoo group ... there's so much out there, I want to make sure I'm signing up for the correct one. I think that would be very enjoyable!
    Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 PM

I also forgot to ask if you could purchase a stitch regulator attachment for this machine. I think one of the main reasons I don't like to quilt myself is because my stitches are not uniform.
    Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 PM
    Power Poster

Good luck with your new to you machine.
    Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 PM

I love mine. YES READ THE MANUAL SO YOU GET FAMILIAR WITH THE BOOK THEN REFER TO IT WHEN YOU HAVE a problem.
    Usually I shut the machine off and restart it and things go all right. Enjoy I love mine.
    Old 10-12-2011, 01:37 PM

Go to Janome then type in your model and you can see a lot of tutorials.
    Old 10-12-2011, 01:42 PM

I have the 6600. Havent read the whole thread. Biggest thing I can tell you is that it is touchy to learn the auto-cutter...you need to make sure to load your next piece from the front so the "cut" bobbin thread goes back and not in because it will make nests. Second, the 3.5 setting for the quarter inch foot IS NOT a scant quarter but a full quarter....I had to re-set mine to 3.8 to get a scant quarter. I would strongly suggest a 1/4 inch walking foot as a future purchase.