Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome sewing machines >
  • Janome sewing machines

• Janome sewing machines

Old 12-11-2012, 11:24 AM

The HD 1000 and HD 3000 have been mentioned at $299 and $349, respectively. They don't fit the bill for many decorative stitches but they're made very well and have stronger motors than most other Janomes.
    Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 AM

I purchased a Janome 6600P a little over a year ago. It does have all the bells and whistles. I have had some trouble with mine. I just think I got a lemon because all I hear are good things about them. I live in a remote area and I have had trouble getting good service on the problems I have had. I contacted Janome and they didn't really care that I had been given poor service. When it is working I love it, but like I said I think I just got a lemon and poor service. I don't think you would have problems with one, but I think people should know that Janome does not stand behind their product or service.
    Old 12-11-2012, 12:36 PM

If you can find a used Memorycraft 3000, that machine is a work horse and one of the first computerized machines that Janome made. I've had mine for over 20 years and not a lick of problems with it.
    Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 PM

I've been very pleased with my 3160 and use it daily. As long as service is available, it would seem to be a good investment.
    Old 12-11-2012, 01:41 PM

I recently saw really nice looking brother machines at WalMart. JoAnne's is also selling very budget machines. A friend of mine bought a brother from Costco. It had a strange threading mechanism but sewed like a charm and lasted years!
    Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM

I have a lightweight Janome that I take to class and it is great. Also have used DIL's Janome - an older model- when visiting. My other machines are all Vikings with lots of bells and whistles. I think Janome's are great value for the money!
    Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 PM

I have New Home and I love it. Just keep clean and you're good to go.? Got it new in box on that "E" auction site. Less than 200 in 04'.
    Old 12-11-2012, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by skowron5
    i purchased a janome 6600p a little over a year ago. It does have all the bells and whistles. I have had some trouble with mine. I just think i got a lemon because all i hear are good things about them. I live in a remote area and i have had trouble getting good service on the problems i have had. I contacted janome and they didn't really care that i had been given poor service. When it is working i love it, but like i said i think i just got a lemon and poor service. I don't think you would have problems with one, but i think people should know that janome does not stand behind their product or service.
    good thing it's a workhorse !
    Old 12-11-2012, 05:18 PM

My hubby bought me a Janome for my Birthday 3 years ago. Not an expensive model and I just love it. It has not given me an inch of trouble. I would never get another brand again. I love it.
    Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 PM

Yes indeed Janome makes Kenmore. A friend of mine bought a janome and I got a Kenmore. Mine was half the price as the janome, other than the colour and the price they are identical machines. Check the kenmore made by sears