Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome ??? >
  • Janome ???

• Janome ???

Old 12-24-2010, 04:21 AM

I HAVE THE JANOME6500 AND LOVE IT!!!iVE HAD IT 6 YEARS And at first I had a problem with my bobbin case and my dealer changed the case , but you do have to keep that bobbin area clean. My friend has the 6600 and if I upgrade I will get that one, but for now I love mine, also have the Jem for classes and to take with me when I go on vacation.
    Old 12-24-2010, 04:22 AM

I HAVE THE JANOME6500 AND LOVE IT!!!iVE HAD IT 6 YEARS And at first I had a problem with my bobbin case and my dealer changed the case , but you do have to keep that bobbin area clean. My friend has the 6600 and if I upgrade I will get that one, but for now I love mine, also have the Jem for classes and to take with me when I go on vacation.
    Old 12-24-2010, 04:42 AM

I love the 6500, I have also had the 6600 and i wasnt crazy about that. Now I have the 7700 and thats a dream I love that machine! As of a month or so ago theyhave come out with a new machine thats between the 6600 and 7700 it might just be worth looking at. Happy Holidays
    Old 12-24-2010, 05:28 AM

I have the 6600P, and wouldn't trade it for anything.
    Old 12-24-2010, 05:48 AM

I have this machine and did my very first applique and free motion project on it recently. I was so pleased with the result. I'd recommend this machine, but if I would have had the money I would have went for the next model up, the 6600. I've heard great reviews of that as well.
    Old 12-24-2010, 05:49 AM

I, too, get frustrated with the thread getting pulled out of the take up lever. Glad to hear someone else has this problem. Thought my machine was getting "sick". Otherwise, I love my Janome. Love the needle threader, the knee lift and the bigger throat.
    Old 12-24-2010, 06:19 AM

I have two Janome's and love them both!
    Old 12-24-2010, 07:02 AM

All 5 machines I have are Janome. They are work-horses and easy to maintain. I have the 2007 DC LE, the 2008 Heart machine, the 1100 serger, 6600P, and 350E embroidery machine. I began with the low end 2007 to see how I liked this brand of machine. 4 years later, it is my favorite to use to piece and sew with. I then bought the 6600P and it is great for everything. Bought the 2008 Heart machine to use for classes and travelling. Got the embroidery machine only after purchasing a Brother and realized after 1 day that 1)I didn't like the sewing/embroidery combo and 2) I wanted a machine that would perform more functions and have a USB port. The serger was a birthday present. All in all, Janome gets my vote. The 6500 has plastic bushings while the 6600 has metal ones along with the built-in Accu-feed sewing.
    Old 12-24-2010, 07:42 AM

I would definatly go for the one with the built in walking feature. It is worth a million to me. I have a Pfaff with the IDT, I do all my quilting with it. What is nice about those is that you can use different feet with it. I don't think you can with just the walking foot.
    Old 12-24-2010, 07:46 AM

I have the 6600 and found the Accufeed feet very awkward to attach at first, but anything new usually is. Once I changed the feet a couple of times it became second nature and now do it by touch alone. This is my fourth sewing machine and have used the regular walking foot before: NOTHING compares to the Accufeet system. RE- the paint chips and wear that one person mentioned; while researching when I was trying to decide I read on the Janome Yahoo Forum in some very early posts, that that was a big issue with early 6500 and 6600's. Janome admitted there was a problem, did some warranty work and have long since used a different formula and the problem no longer exists on newer models. No, I don't have shares in Janome - wish I did ! Just love mine !