Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Jenny Doan retreat and patterns >
  • Jenny Doan retreat and patterns

• Jenny Doan retreat and patterns

Old 03-01-2014, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by SittingPretty
    Oh, I just love that video!!! Jenny is such a dear. I told my husband I want to make a trip to Hamilton, Missouri someday. Afterall, we live in Wisconsin, so it can't be too far away!
    I told my husband that, also. Also from Wisconsin. We've been in Hamilton, but that was before Jenny was there, like last century. I want to Go-o-o-o-o-o!
    Old 03-01-2014, 07:02 AM

We who quilt are so fortunate because we have teachers and resources who meet us where we are. Eleanor Burns and Jenny Doan have been immensely helpful to newer quilters and beginners. With their instruction and methods you can get pleasing results quickly. For some of us these techniques are enough to create a lifelong passion. For others their teaching becomes a springboard to more complexity. I like Jenny's analogy to 'McDonald's'. We all go there from time to time (I love their senior coffee and I love the price) but I also love other places-just like my 'quilting instructors'. One of the things I do when I see some of the MSQC videos is to make a sample block right then and save it and the instructions. After all, they are designed to be quick.
    Old 03-01-2014, 07:05 AM

Lucky!!!!!
    Old 03-01-2014, 08:01 AM

My son and DIL lived in Blue Springs, MO for a few years and I'd always leave really early from their house when going home and would pass the Billboard for the MO Quilt CO with an arrow pointing toward Hamilton and swore I'd stop there someday but it was always way before opening time. Now my son and DIL moved back home and I regret never planning to leave later and spend some time visiting the shop. It's only about a 6 hrs drive from my house though so maybe I will make it some day.
    Old 03-01-2014, 08:12 AM

what a nice segment, I love Jenny Doan I subscribe to her site on Youtube. She seems like a very heartwarming lady! Lucky you!
    Old 03-01-2014, 08:53 AM

waaaay! cool I love Jenny Doan to...... happy to see her business getting back on track I hope more business's make a come back
    Old 03-01-2014, 08:59 AM

I think Jenny is great... She is so down to earth and on her you tubes she does not appear to be a perfectionist and that makes me feel like she is in the same level as I am. Just intermediate...
    Old 03-01-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
    I liked it when she said they are the McDonald's of the quilt world. I think that's pretty accurate. I'm glad that quilting is getting the national publicity, and happy that Jenny's company is doing well, and I do enjoy her videos because they're fun. But really she is just one in a line of many teachers, innovators, and designers who have brought us more modern quilting methods. The piece makes it sound like quilting was back in the dark ages before Jenny came along.
    That is what our media does to us they never get the whole story or get it really right.
    Old 03-01-2014, 11:17 AM

I am so glad to see the news clip!!! You are so lucky to have been there...both the retreat and national new!!!
    Old 03-01-2014, 11:18 AM

I am so excited for you and just wish I had been there with you! I can't wait to see photos of your retreat quilts. I would love to do one of her retreats!