Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Jewel tone quilts >
  • Jewel tone quilts

• Jewel tone quilts

Old 12-17-2019, 04:46 AM

Default Jewel tone quilts

My daughter called me yesterday and she and hubby have bought their first home, a 1947 craftsman farmhouse.
    She is interested in doing the interior in jewel tones, deep reds, dark blues, wonderful greens....but absolutely nothing purple! Do you know of a line of fabric for the colors and can you suggest a pattern...I'm really stumped on this one.
    Old 12-17-2019, 05:17 AM
    Power Poster

Fabric.com has a very large selection of quilting fabrics.
    i would try maybe Batiks Plus or one of the shops that specialize in Batiks Hoffman Batiks are Wonderful in deeply saturated colors. I love working with them. A Stained Glass Pattern in deep saturated Batiks in their colors would be beautiful
    Old 12-17-2019, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
    Fabric.com has a very large selection of quilting fabrics.
    i would try maybe Batiks Plus or one of the shops that specialize in Batiks Hoffman Batiks are Wonderful in deeply saturated colors. I love working with them. A Stained Glass Pattern in deep saturated Batiks in their colors would be beautiful
    I agree that fabric.com has a great selection of jewel tones and Batiks also. Doesn't hurt to look around but they are a one stop shopping experience for fabrics.
    Old 12-17-2019, 07:01 AM

Missouri Star recently had fabric by Jason Yenter that was rich colors. Here is the link to the fat quarter bundle - https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...quarter-bundle. There is purple but the colors are rich and you wouldn’t have to use the purple.
    Old 12-17-2019, 05:06 PM

I agree that batiks are probably your best bet. I just google searched 1940's quilts and 1947 quilts. There are lots of options for patterns in that time period.
    Old 12-17-2019, 07:40 PM

if you go with batiks, check out Fabric Fanatics on-line--it's all batiks and they always have a huge selection of sale fabrics--lots of beautiful colors. In the picture section of the Board there was a posting today showing a beautiful quilt one with a beige and jewel colors that would be wonderful with batiks, too.
    Old 12-18-2019, 05:42 AM

I agree that batiks would be an awesome fabric choice with those colors in mind. Such texture already built into the fabrics for you. And a stained glass-type pattern would be lovely.
    Old 12-18-2019, 06:30 AM

I love jeweled tones and agree with the idea of using batiks. I have seen great selections on the Hancocks of Paducah website - be sure to check their $3.99, $4.99, $5.99 and $6.99 sales. Lots of batiks in there
    Old 12-18-2019, 05:25 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]621070[/ATTACH]I made this quilt several years ago using jewel tone fabrics from a collection of fat quarters. The pattern is called "Brave New World" and I believe I got it from a Fons and Porter magazine. Since the quilt was made 13 years ago I don't remember the fabric line but I've seen many beautiful fabric collections in tonal or "blenders" jewel tone fabrics.
    Attached Thumbnails 2019-10-09_22-11-52_851.jpg