Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Jo-Ann Fabrics Employees >
  • Jo-Ann Fabrics Employees

• Jo-Ann Fabrics Employees

Old 09-24-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by luv2sew2
    I always watch when they are cutting but I go early during the week when they are not so busy or inattentive. Guess I'll really have to check next time I buy fabric from them. I read that they are going to build a Joann's store in Glendora, CA, so I can't wait for that store to open. They have a Joann's store in Covina, CA, but it's old, small and not very modern. Hopefully the new store in Glendora will be large and modern and well stocked with better quality fabrics.
    Do you know the location in Glendora? The La Verne store is smaller than the Covina store.
    Old 09-24-2011, 11:06 AM

This is the second complaint about JoAnns - I will think twice about shopping there.
    Old 09-24-2011, 11:10 AM

I was at Joann's today and the clerk also quilts so my yardage was exact! I had her as a cashier earlier in the week too and she was super friendly, and we spoke about a new magazine I purchased. And I was able to use 14 coupons, saved $23!!!
    Old 09-24-2011, 12:17 PM

I just returned from Joann's. I bought 1/2 yard of felt, and got 18.5 inches! Yea. I watched her, and noticed that she gave me an extra 'thumb's width'.
    Old 09-24-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingHaven
    Yes, I bought grey fleece for backing on the OSU quilt I made and when I got the top completed, found that I was 5 inches short on the fleece. I loaded up the fleece, my receipt (never through any receipt away - in a plastic container in my quilt room) and lugged the piece bag to the store. They were very apologetic and replace the material after they measured it and found that yes, it was short (according to the receipt) luckily I only live 10 minutes away.
    and you live in Ohio.....were you at the home office store in Hudson
    Old 09-24-2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lucio
    Originally Posted by luv2sew2
    I always watch when they are cutting but I go early during the week when they are not so busy or inattentive. Guess I'll really have to check next time I buy fabric from them. I read that they are going to build a Joann's store in Glendora, CA, so I can't wait for that store to open. They have a Joann's store in Covina, CA, but it's old, small and not very modern. Hopefully the new store in Glendora will be large and modern and well stocked with better quality fabrics.
    Do you know the location in Glendora? The La Verne store is smaller than the Covina store.
    the Burbank store is even smaller.....oops, there is no Burbank store
    Old 09-24-2011, 12:22 PM

Not at Joann's per se, but I have seen fabric measured for the 36 inches, and while they are "clearing the table" so they can cut it properly, pull it back an inch or more before cutting.

Marysewfun
    Old 09-24-2011, 12:48 PM

We don't have a Joann's but we do have a Ben Franklin. The employees who cut the fabric generally give an extra inch or two at least when they cut. And our Hobby Lobby is the same way.
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:32 PM

I love the gals at our Joann's here in Niles ,Ohio they are always so helpful and they never had cut me short. they give the extra. Many of them are sews themselves and know how fustration this can be to get home and not have the right amount. Some are so excited and want to know what am I making now? I have shared ideas with them. Each one of the gals brings their own special talents to the table I am well please.
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:53 PM

Sorry some of you have had less than sterling service at the cutting table. Guess it depends on the trainer (Mgr). At my store, I've been trained to pinch the fabric and to put the pinched fingers just past the end of the groove for cutting. Once a month we are required to pass a cutting review to make sure we are measuring correctly. Be sure to let the Mgr know when you've been shorted fabric.