Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Jo Anne's closing >
  • Jo Anne's closing

• Jo Anne's closing

Old 09-24-2010, 09:13 AM

Thank you moonwolf23, I did go and check it out. Great information and appreciated.
    Old 09-24-2010, 09:25 AM

they are downsizing my joanns from a super one to just a small one. I am really bummed because they had a really good fabric selection and now it is getting smaller and smaller.
    Old 09-24-2010, 10:09 AM
    Power Poster

I'm so sorry to hear that. Ours is closing but will relocate to a bigger store. They are clearancing all the stuff in the store.
    Old 09-24-2010, 10:54 AM

Looking at the investor's report...seems to me that Joann's is going to start putting in more crafts and "Fashion" fabrics which are starting to outsell basic fabrics according to one of their charts.
    Old 09-24-2010, 01:34 PM

Mimi baby I noticed the same trend, surely they will realize that basic cotton is a staple fabric. going into katy tomorrow and check out what is left and how much longer they will be around. Trying to get the last few pieces for a quilt I am trying to finish before Thanksgiving.
    Old 09-24-2010, 02:24 PM

I had a Super Jo Ann's and a ..Regular Jo Anns both about equal distance from my house. They closed the Super JoAnn's then Closed the other smaller one. They did say they would relocate the store ... and they did but... the smaller store had a very good staff and a great many of the employees had been there for years. ...( many 10 +years) but they told all of the employees of the smaller store that they would have to apply for positions at the new location. It was awful ! None of these people are at the new location. I lost what little respect I had left.
    Old 09-24-2010, 02:46 PM

My Hobbylobby here has more quilting cloth than Joan's . Joan's here is remodeling atleast it looks like it, they have a nice size store.
    Old 09-26-2010, 02:12 AM

My closest Joann's is about 150 miles round trip so what I do is when I leave for Florida in Oct.I stock up on everything at that Joann's which is 3 miles away,very nice.
    I also buy thru Fabric.com and have never been disappointed.
    Old 09-26-2010, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Daisydoodle
    WalMart phased out fabric, now JoAnne's in the area is closing the doors! Saying they are loosing their lease and maybe will relocate. This only leaves a Hancocks, Hoby Lobby and a Quilt Shop for the entire Katy area of Texas. I will be buying more on line!
    I'm sorry your JoAnne's is closing and I hate to bash the store but I get so frustrated with them that I'm refusing to shop there at least for awhile. They make it so difficult to use their coupons. I've returned to the store close to me three times to purchase a pair of Gingher scissors with a 50% off coupon which expires Oct. 2 and they keep telling me the coupon is good "tomorrow". I accidentally cut off the date that it started to be good on and only have the ending date. So far, I've refused to buy them w/o coupon. Most of the time, they put on sale the very thing I want to use coupon for and it's always for less than the coupon amount. 30% instead of 40%. If they don't want you to use their coupons, then don't waste time and money printing them. Urrrrrrgh!! Thanks for letting me vent.
    Old 09-26-2010, 03:45 AM

don't forget Sam's club, even if the name is connected, I am not crazy about Joannes, and maybe it was a onetime thing, but the people were not very friendly. and the prices are outrageous!

I might just try online but haven't really looked.