Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something? >
  • JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

• JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

Old 01-17-2010, 11:21 AM

They are also handy when your particular item isn't on sale that week, or when you just have to have something right then!
    Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by sewin'sam
    Tiffany, Thanks for the info, I didn't know that? But it still all boils down to what I feel I can afford. If I see something I REALLY like at the LQS, I might buy a small quantity of it but mostly I shop at Joann's & occasionally at WalMart! Got to be careful with our bucks these days! :?
    Yep, it's why I shop at Joann's and use my coupons as much as I possibly can. I do splurge when I can, but that is nowhere near as much as I wish it was!

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
    That is correct but I was pissed that I had to sign up 10 times before I ever got anything and when you're not working sometimes fabric is a luxury. Okay, don't shoot me for that last statement but mortgage, utilities and food are higher priorities than fabric if you have only one income.
    Having only 1 income, I can understand that. It's why I beg and steal (I'm the person who goes through everyone's trash at the retreat stealing perfectly good fabric being thrown away) fabric from my friends. ;)
    Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 PM

Tiffany, Thanks for the info, I didn't know that? But it still all boils down to what I feel I can afford. If I see something I REALLY like at the LQS, I might buy a small quantity of it but mostly I shop at Joann's & occasionally at WalMart! Got to be careful with our bucks these days! :?
    Yep, it's why I shop at Joann's and use my coupons as much as I possibly can. I do splurge when I can, but that is nowhere near as much as I wish it was!

That is correct but I was pissed that I had to sign up 10 times before I ever got anything and when you're not working sometimes fabric is a luxury. Okay, don't shoot me for that last statement but mortgage, utilities and food are higher priorities than fabric if you have only one income.
    Having only 1 income, I can understand that. It's why I beg and steal (I'm the person who goes through everyone's trash at the retreat stealing perfectly good fabric being thrown away) fabric from my friends. ;)
    Old 01-18-2010, 07:14 AM

Ok, went to JoAnns, yesterday had two 50% offs and 2 40% offs. All the rotary cutters were on sale so only could use one on the ruler I bought. But was still a good deal, got the 28MM rotary cutter, 5 blades and omni 6" ruler for $22.
    Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 AM

Oh, you girls make me feel so gooood! I'm not the only one getting upset with JoAnn's and getting vocal about it.:)
    Old 01-22-2010, 06:58 PM

Actually, they will not let you do that here in California. The coupon states for regular priced items only. If an item is on sale already, you get the item at the already stated sale price only. I was just in Joann's today with friends and we were just laughing about trying to find something in the store that was NOT on sale. None of us could find anything that did not have a sale price on it, even the clearance items! Not to beat all, we went to Hancocks down the street and found that they are starting to do the same thing.
    Not to mention have you noticed what Michael's Craft store is doing now? You can't get the 40% off coupon unless you spend a min of $5.00 and fill out the coupon to be on their mailing list. Granted I spend at least that, but I just think this is going a little too far in the restrictions.
    Old 01-22-2010, 07:01 PM

I was at Joanns this week and I was able to use a 40% off and a 50% off coupon. They said as long as it was for a different amount I could use both.
    Old 01-22-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany

LOL I don't have to go through the trash my girl friend makes fun of the fact that I save all my scraps because I use them in everything.he goes as far as to making announcements at the beginnning of classes. What the heck, doesn't bother me. I just have a great collection of fabric that other people don't want!
    Old 01-22-2010, 07:25 PM

Haha, drives me bonkers.
    If I am lucky those quilt stash stacks won't be on sale when those coupons arrive. I use those 5 fat quarters in my tote bag making.
    Old 01-23-2010, 03:58 AM

FYI...alot of other stores will gladly accept competiters coupons.