Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something? >
  • JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

• JoAnn Coupons...Am I Missing Something?

Old 01-10-2010, 11:40 AM

I sometimes use mine on a pack of needles if there isn't anything not on sale that I want.
    Judy
    Old 01-10-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
    I have a few JoAnn coupons for 40-50% off any regular price item. Everything in the store is on sale, so what good are these coupons?

Am I missing something? :shock:
    Nope, you aren't missing anything. I get their coupons in my email and I have found the expiration date is later than the coupons that come in the mail, which means I can usually use them because the sales usually only last as long as the mail in coupon is good.

I find the coupons are an excellent way to buy items that normally are not on sale, such as cutting mats or rotary blades. Usually when the fabric is on sale the notions are not, and visa versa. And when books are on sale nothing else seems to be. As long as I am patient I can usually pick up what I need and still use the coupon.
    Old 01-10-2010, 11:42 AM

I also piok and choose to use the 40%. First time ever I received in the mail for a additional 20% entire purchase coupon. That saved me a little more. So there are others out there. I always buy my batting with the 40 and 50% coupons it's a good savings.
    Old 01-10-2010, 02:19 PM

I just heard that if something is on sale, you can still use your 40 or 50% coupon even if the item is on sale. They just give you the 40 or 50% off of the regular price.

Has anyone else heard this?
    Old 01-10-2010, 02:27 PM

I just heard that if something is on sale, you can still use your 40 or 50% coupon even if the item is on sale. They just give you the 40 or 50% off of the regular price.

Yes, I have done that many times... :)
    Old 01-10-2010, 02:28 PM

Also, I know that our Michaels craft store and Joanns accept eachother's coupons so sometimes I will use them at the other store. I have two main hobbies that are highly invested in lol. Quilting and scrapbooking!
    Old 01-10-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany

I find the coupons are an excellent way to buy items that normally are not on sale, such as cutting mats or rotary blades. Usually when the fabric is on sale the notions are not, and visa versa. And when books are on sale nothing else seems to be. As long as I am patient I can usually pick up what I need and still use the coupon.
    I recommend using the coupons at Michael's exactly in the same fashion. Things that RARELY to NEVER go on sale are...hot glue guns, fabric glues, craft glues. Spray paint. Cans of basting spray. Rotary supplies. Wilton Cake supplies. The staples of a good craft room. Styrofoam, Gingher scissors. Cross stitch kits. on and on.

As I work at M's, whenever there is a 50% coupon, you can find me checking out those departments first!

Most seasonal stuff in both J and M will go on sale relatively soon after arrival...it has to move out in a timely fashion.

But if you can't find something to use your coupon on, it isn't the store's fault :lol: You just aren't trying hard enough! LOL
    Old 01-10-2010, 03:29 PM

Must be by store, cause I wanted a quilting magazine one time and it was on sale for 10% off. They would not take my coupon
    bc is was already on sale.
    Old 01-10-2010, 03:35 PM

I usually use those coupons for current magazines, or needles. I use Hobby Lobby coupons the same way. And I know that HL will use your coupon to take 40% off a sale item-using the regular price of the item. It is a ruse to get us inthe store! Don't fall for it!
    Old 01-10-2010, 03:36 PM

I have signed up for mailings at the store and on line and I have never received a one :evil: I don't know what their problem is. On top of that the clerks at our store are nonexistant at best and rude at worst :hunf: