Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Joanns - Black Friday >
  • Joanns - Black Friday

• Joanns - Black Friday

Old 11-22-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by aborning

I also need fleese to make a tied quilt for a gift. Last year JoAnn's had fleece on Black Friday for 2.99/yard. I haven't seen the ad yet but hope they have that sale again this year--otherwise I'm going to Mill End Textiles in Sioux Falls and they are advertising all their regular priced fabrics are 50% off that day. (Believe me, I have a list of fabrics I need for various projects!!) Can't wait--I love to get good deals on Black Friday.
    The ad has fleece on sale for $2.99 again this year. Here is a link that shows a scanned copy of the ad.

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/jo...friday-ad.html
    Old 11-22-2010, 06:31 PM

my bonus doesn't come til the following friday..there'll be no black friday shopping for me anywhere :-D I can't imagine anything is going so cheap that I can't pick one up with a 50% coupon at a later date! I tried to get into Joann's 2 years ago and the cutting and checkout lines were over an hour each :shock: I'd rather spend my time with family I only see a few times a year.
    Old 11-22-2010, 07:01 PM

Well I didnt get an ad!!!! What the heck!!!
    Old 11-22-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
    Originally Posted by SuziC
    Are they offering anything worth getting there at 6:00AM????
    They are having the Accuquilt GO! for $199 - but I believe the ad stated "fri, sat, & sun", so no need to rush in there early Friday morn. Of course, they will be sold out if you wait..... :thumbdown: Do they do rainchecks??
    My hubby has offered to go and get me one. I can't do crowds. Sure wish they offered that same price online :( I hate to make him do it. But I liked someones idea to call and find out how many the stores have. No sense going if there is only a few.
    Old 11-22-2010, 07:41 PM

I'll be home sleeping in, then sewing aprons like crazy. 5 done, 15 to go. I did go to both Joann's and Hancock's today and they had very little on sale. Guess they're waiting for BF. :cry:
    Old 11-22-2010, 07:43 PM

There is not enough money to get me to go shopping on Black Friday. I, for one, hopefully will be sleeping in
    Old 11-22-2010, 09:05 PM

Go to www.blackfridayads.com and it will give you a list of most stores ads, Joanns included.
    Old 11-22-2010, 09:09 PM

I have no plans to go to any of the Black Friday sales, people don't seem to be well behaved at sales like that.
    I think I'll sleep in and save myself from that madness.
    Old 11-22-2010, 09:24 PM

JoAnn's ad is good Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That's so much better than one that ends at 1:00 or whatever. There are door busters all day Friday, then new ones all day Saturday. There's also a 20% off entire purchase coupon for each day Fri & Sat. And a 50% one item.

I miss have a local JoAnn's. I need a Simplicity pattern that's on sale until Wed, but it's a 100 mile round trip. Not economically feasible.

My ad just came today, which is silly. Debbie Munn fabrics are half price next weekend (Dec 2-4).
    Old 11-23-2010, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    Does anybody know when they open on Black Friday? I see some stores are opening at midnight!! Do people actually go in the middle of the night?

Thanks.
    I don't know when Joann's opens on Black Friday. My DIL goes shopping at 3 AM with her sister. I don't buy Christmas gifts any more. If I can't sew it or cook it, there isn't a gift. My grandsons are almost 15, 16 1/2 & 19 so they are getting money this year. The girls are 6, 9, & 12 and I made them quilts. The adults were going to get quilts, purses, something along that line, but are just getting table runners and maybe something from the kitchen. What with the ailing dog I am not getting anything done around here.