Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Joanns - Black Friday >
  • Joanns - Black Friday

• Joanns - Black Friday

Old 11-23-2010, 08:50 AM

I wouldn't be caught dead anywhere near a mall or JoAnn's on Black Friday. The crowds give me the weebie jeebies.
    Old 11-23-2010, 08:56 AM

Momof3Es, Flannel is $1.39 on Friday. Blizzard Fleece is $2.99 all three days. Most scissors and cutting tools, including blades, are 50% off for all three days, as are the quilting notions. I would like a slotted mat and some blades.
    Old 11-23-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
    I don't do Black Friday. Just too hectic for me.
    I'm with you...I like to shop at my leisure time, not a hectic time
    Old 11-23-2010, 11:27 AM

I think you have to buy separate dyes to cut different sizes. They are expensive from what I hear.
    Old 11-23-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    JoAnn's ad is good Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That's so much better than one that ends at 1:00 or whatever. There are door busters all day Friday, then new ones all day Saturday. There's also a 20% off entire purchase coupon for each day Fri & Sat. And a 50% one item.

I miss have a local JoAnn's. I need a Simplicity pattern that's on sale until Wed, but it's a 100 mile round trip. Not economically feasible.

My ad just came today, which is silly. Debbie Munn fabrics are half price next weekend (Dec 2-4).
    IrishRose--
    what pattern do you need? I'm going to JoAnn's today or tomorrow--I can pick it up and mail it to you.
    Rose Hall
    Old 11-23-2010, 11:49 AM

Have to work just meet my friend for hot cocoa then off to work don't spend so much. Haha
    Old 11-23-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    JoAnn's ad is good Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That's so much better than one that ends at 1:00 or whatever. There are door busters all day Friday, then new ones all day Saturday. There's also a 20% off entire purchase coupon for each day Fri & Sat. And a 50% one item.

I miss have a local JoAnn's. I need a Simplicity pattern that's on sale until Wed, but it's a 100 mile round trip. Not economically feasible.

My ad just came today, which is silly. Debbie Munn fabrics are half price next weekend (Dec 2-4).
    IrishRose--
    what pattern do you need? I'm going to JoAnn's today or tomorrow--I can pick it up and mail it to you.
    Rose Hall
    How very sweet of you to do that for irishrose! That's what quilting's all about as far as I'm concerned - helping each other! May you both have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving! :P
    Old 11-23-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
    Originally Posted by SuziC
    Are they offering anything worth getting there at 6:00AM????
    They are having the Accuquilt GO! for $199 - but I believe the ad stated "fri, sat, & sun", so no need to rush in there early Friday morn. Of course, they will be sold out if you wait..... :thumbdown: Do they do rainchecks??
    It's selling for $149 down here in Jacksonville, FL ... but I still can't swing it right now. Drats! (It was very inconsiderate of my DH to have a stroke at age 55 since he made twice as much as I do. Social Security Disability doesn't pay the bills. Actually, all joking aside, we were wonderfully blessed. He can still take care of himself, isn't paralized, and his difficulty putting sentences together is only really bad when he's overly tired. It could have been so much worse.)

Peggy
    (In Sunny 80 degree Fla)
    Old 11-23-2010, 12:03 PM

Peggy are you sure that's the Go and not the new Baby. I havent seen the GO at anywhere near that price.
    Old 11-23-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by aborning
    Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    Originally Posted by amma
    Yes they do... and then on to the first 3am sale...then to the 4,5 and 6am ones LMBO :D:D:D
    Where do I read about the different sales that start at different times? I've read the main sales, on bfads.net, but are there others? I'm ALL about the fleece sales!! :)
    I also need fleese to make a tied quilt for a gift. Last year JoAnn's had fleece on Black Friday for 2.99/yard. I haven't seen the ad yet but hope they have that sale again this year--otherwise I'm going to Mill End Textiles in Sioux Falls and they are advertising all their regular priced fabrics are 50% off that day. (Believe me, I have a list of fabrics I need for various projects!!) Can't wait--I love to get good deals on Black Friday.
    Yes fleece is on sale for $2.99. Solids and prints