Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • JoAnn's coupons >
  • JoAnn's coupons

• JoAnn's coupons

Old 10-31-2012, 06:01 AM

Sewing machines, sergers, embroidery machine, specialized attachments. The bobbins, needles, rulers, etc are part of the Notions. The machines are such a higher cost item and even on a Notion Coupon it will state up to a cost of app $150.
    Old 10-31-2012, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by barny
    I went out there the other day and couldn't use my coupon. Only things not on sale. Everything was on sale. So I don't try to use them.
    That happens to me a lot! Why do they bother printing the coupons when they have everything on sale that they have printed a coupon for! Is that any way to run an airline? :-)
    Old 10-31-2012, 07:04 AM

I work at JoAnns part time and you can use them on Sewing notions. Just not the machines.,or accu cutter machine. I don't know what they mean about that but you can use them.
    Old 10-31-2012, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by kitsykeel
    I signed up for Joann's flyer notices online and I saw where the coupon said could not be used on "Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Department Merchandise." What do you think they mean by Sewing Machine Dept. Merchandise? Like bobbins, needles and feet maybe. Surely not fabrics, rulers, rotary cutters, etc. Please let me know what you think they mean. Thanks in advance.

In our JoAnn's, the sewing machines are owned and sold by Husquavarna (so I can't spell). They are not JoAnn's items.

Besides, any supplying company can prevent their product from being subject to store coupons. Look at Bed,Bath & Beyond. Look at hardware stores.
    Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed
    I am not sure why they exempt the machines, but I think they have done that for years. I know that awhile back (and maybe it still is that way in the big stores) they leased the machine section out, so the revenue from that department didn't go to Joann's. Our store just has a few machines, so it would seem like they could honor coupons for them, but they don't.

Real simple. JoAnn's IS NOT selling the machines. The sewing machine company is.
    Old 10-31-2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond
    And sometimes the sewing machine dept has specialty threads for the machines that would be excluded from the coupon too.
    For all practical purposes, it is NOT a department, rather a separate store,
    Old 10-31-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by kathdavis
    Joann's does not owned the sewing machine dept within its store. That is ran by whatever sewing machine company is in there. Husqvarna Viking and Singer is in our Joann store. I don't know if those are the companies in all of Joann stores. So the sewing machine company does not honor Joann coupons.
    correct! These machine stores sell accessories for the brands that is sold there. Some Joann stores do not have a seperate sewing machine dept but will sell the Singer machine in the store. However- beware- if you buy a Singer from a store and not a "special sewing machine department" with in the store then you can not take classes or have machine services with in the "special department". I know because I bought a machine from a "regular" store and that is what they told me. Check with your local Joanns to find out exactly what coupon means.
    Old 10-31-2012, 08:13 AM

How confusing!!!!! A sale on machines is effective in all stores! Also the coupons state " not valid on sewing machine and sewing machine departmant merchindise!" but you can use coupons to buy sewing machine asscessories in the NOTION departmen such as needles, generic sewing feet, bobbins.
    Old 10-31-2012, 09:56 AM

****Coupon Question****
    Can you use a 40% of coupon on a regular priced item and also use a 20% off total purchase coupon? I thought I had did this in the past!!
    Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by quilter711
    ****Coupon Question****
    Can you use a 40% of coupon on a regular priced item and also use a 20% off total purchase coupon? I thought I had did this in the past!!
    no, the additional 20% comes off sale or regular priced items, not items bought with a coupon. Both joanns near me are great about scanning coupons to get the best discount. As long as the coupons are from a different source they will allow as many as can be used. i go in with mailer, newspaper ad, printed from pc and also on my phone. They never give me any grief about them.