Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Joann's in Lynchburg moving to the mall in Lynchburg, VA >
  • Joann's in Lynchburg moving to the mall in Lynchburg, VA

• Joann's in Lynchburg moving to the mall in Lynchburg, VA

Old 07-14-2012, 01:58 PM

Default Joann's in Lynchburg moving to the mall in Lynchburg, VA

After talking with the manager at Joann's in Lynchburg last week, she told me that their location is going to close and reopen at the mall on Ward's Road. It will be taking up 3 store spaces beginning with where Hickory Farms was outside of Sears. She also told me that none of the stock at the present store will be moved to the new store and there will be sales to get rid of it all. Heads up ladies! This is supposed to happen by September I do believe with a grand opening sometime quickly thereafter.
    Old 07-14-2012, 02:37 PM

this is the time to buy buy buy and then buy some more!!!! I have shopped the closing of 3 Joann stores and have enough basic stash to last a lifetime....or two!! When it goes into liquidation, it is no longer a Joanns store, so coupons do not work and I would think gift card either. They start with 50 per cent off everything, then go to 75 per cent off and in the end, I think they go to 80 per cent off but if you are buying fabric or ribbon, you must take all that is on the bolt...they do not cut...they just want to get rid of it. You might be able to buy shelves and displays....ask...but you don't get to pick it up until the store closes. It can be a zoo but the savings are s-o-o-o-o-o-o worth it!!!!
    Old 07-14-2012, 06:25 PM

My local JoAnn's closed in April, and on the last day it was 90 percent off, I was surprised at how much I bought that day. I bought about 20 yards of 108 quilt backing for 99 cents a yard, I bought fons and porter pin cousions for 99 cents, and their better line of fabrics several bolts that were 9.99 for 99 cents, I bought flannel for 69 cents a yard too. Buttons, Tons of sulky thread for my embroidery machine. I left work early to go to the sale, and boy did I make out, I spent over 200 dollars but at 90 percent off, I would of spent over 2000. I bought fabrics that is at their current stores.
    Old 07-16-2012, 06:59 AM

Hi I live in Lynchburg so could you PM me when this sale starts. I don't get the newspaper or any of their sales stuff so any help I can get from you would be appreciated.
    Old 07-16-2012, 10:58 AM

Hi, I live in Ringgold, Va outside of Danville, If you would not mind could you keep me informed when the sales will start? will drive to Lynchburg for good deals,our closest store is in Martinsville
    Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 PM

Ladies, my apologies...that store went out so fast that I didn't even get to the sales. The new one in the mall will be opening soon and it is going to be HUGE! Check it out when you go to the mall next time!