Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Juki 2010 feed dog marks >
  • Juki 2010 feed dog marks

• Juki 2010 feed dog marks

Old 10-27-2016, 04:02 PM

I have never had the issue you described, but am so very glad you figured it out!! I love my 2010q!!
    Old 10-27-2016, 06:01 PM

Maybe the feed dogs need to be lowered a bit. You can adjust them with an allen wrench. There are videos out there to do it & it is very easy to do. At least on my machine it was very easy.
    Old 10-28-2016, 05:13 AM

Just wanted to chime in and say a huge thank you for posting this! I haven't had this problem with my beloved Juki 2010Q but just in case I do, I have resources to turn to for the solution. This board is GREAT.
    Old 10-28-2016, 11:01 AM

Not speaking to the problem, but comment on the Juki: I watched a UTube video the other day on how to sew piping onto something in one step. It showed only the word Juki on the side of the machine and the sewing being done with the zipper foot as the demonstrator sewed. I had the sound on and oh my gosh, I could hardly believe my ears. There was no sewing sound...just the smoothest, fastest sewing I have ever seen. I don't know what model Juki it was but I want one! Even with a small feed dog issue you have an outstanding machine to enjoy.
    Old 10-28-2016, 12:54 PM

I love my Juki TL2010Q and have not had any bad experiences like the one described by charlottequilts, however, I have become aware that the inside of the bobbin case has a little black clip-type mechanism that is a lint magnet. I inspect that little clip every time I change a bobbin. I brush every bit of lit out of it EVERY time. That machine is amazing. I prefer it over my Elna 3007, a classic Featherweight and a Janome 9500 unless I need embroidery or fancy stitches.
    Old 10-29-2016, 06:13 PM

I did some test sewing today, and since the feed dogs were no longer high on the front side, the Juki rode over the seam allowances perfectly. And silkily (ha!). A big thanks to Elbert from Juki and to the supportive people who responded here. Even before I had an answer from Elbert, my blood pressure was already going down.

If we share information, we will learn. Innov8R, I will be looking inside the bobbin case for that black clip!

hugs,
    Charlotte