Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Juki TL 2010 or Brother PQ1500? >
  • Juki TL 2010 or Brother PQ1500?

• Juki TL 2010 or Brother PQ1500?

Old 02-08-2016, 12:14 PM

The JUKI 2010Q is truly a 'semi industrial' machine as its parts are thicker and therefore stronger, than a standard home sewing machine. It also comes fully equipped so there's no need to purchase additional feet/table.
    I've owned my 2010Q for several years and LOVE it.

The F600, also a fantastic machine, is a completely different animal. It is a home sewing machine w bells and whistles, and sews a beautiful stitch.
    Old 02-08-2016, 12:28 PM

I have the Juki 2010. What I like about it that the Brother doesn't have is a speed control. My foot gets very heavy and when it does my stitching isn't as pretty.
    Old 02-08-2016, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Colorful1
    The JUKI 2010Q is truly a 'semi industrial' machine as its parts are thicker and therefore stronger, than a standard home sewing machine. It also comes fully equipped so there's no need to purchase additional feet/table.
    I've owned my 2010Q for several years and LOVE it.

The F600, also a fantastic machine, is a completely different animal. It is a home sewing machine w bells and whistles, and sews a beautiful stitch.
    I also have the Juki 2010Q and Juki HZL-F300 as well as a Singer and a Brother. I totally agree with Colorful1. Wouldn't trade either Juki for the world. I shopped around and purchased mine online from Ken's Sewing Center 1-877-536-7739. Ask to speak to Donna. I am in no way affiliated but just found the most help and answers to my questions from Donna and they had far better prices than I found elsewhere and no tax and free shipping.
    Old 02-08-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by shesews
    I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the real difference between the Juki model of these straight stitch only, 1500 stitches/min. machines and the others: Brother, Babylock, Janome? They pretty much they even look alike except for the name on them! A salesperson at a local shop that sells both Babylock and Juki told me that the Juki is a better machine; she said that it has a "stronger" motor. Can someone verify this? The Juki costs more than the Brother model. I'm wondering if the Juki truly better quality. I appreciate your help. Shesews
    I use the Juki for almost all my FMQ and heavy landscape construction and it sews like a dream. It is also fine for piecing!.