Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • June Tailor Shape Cut >
  • June Tailor Shape Cut

• June Tailor Shape Cut

Old 09-06-2010, 05:32 PM

I use it all the time!!!!
    Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 PM

Hi Michele, I'm taking total credit for the idea, and for your savings!

Originally Posted by emt2004
    Thanks for the reminder, I just ran out and purchased the 1/4, I'm so glad I went and got it at 50% off plus the 10% I got it for 12.99.............Michele
    :lol: :lol:
    Old 09-06-2010, 06:44 PM

Which one are you all getting for $16? There is the Shape Cut, Shape Cut Plus, Shape Cut Too & Shape Cut Pro and some others that I've only seen online. I would like Shape Cut Pro if it had the 1/4" slots like the Shape Cut Plus & Too but it appears to only do 2.5/5/7.5/9/11.5, etc which is ok for a lot of things but not all that I want it to do.
    Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 PM

I think it works really well. It makes it faster to cut stripes
    Old 09-07-2010, 04:13 AM

OK, now I'm confused (doesn't take much to confuse me). :) If I am purchasing one general purpose Shape Cut ruler to cut large strips, which Shape Cut is the best for me to start with? I'd like to buy at Joann's today to get their sale price.

Originally Posted by BKrenning
    Which one are you all getting for $16? There is the Shape Cut, Shape Cut Plus, Shape Cut Too & Shape Cut Pro and some others that I've only seen online. I would like Shape Cut Pro if it had the 1/4" slots like the Shape Cut Plus & Too but it appears to only do 2.5/5/7.5/9/11.5, etc which is ok for a lot of things but not all that I want it to do.
    Old 09-07-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
    OK, now I'm confused (doesn't take much to confuse me). :) If I am purchasing one general purpose Shape Cut ruler to cut large strips, which Shape Cut is the best for me to start with? I'd like to buy at Joann's today to get their sale price.

They seem to put the notions and/or rotary cutting implements on sale about once a month or so, so I decided to keep watching this thread. I have an Alto Quilt Cut 2 which I need to use more often so if the Shape Cut doesn't give me at least 1/2 inch slots and preferably 1/4 inch slots in a large ruler; I'll save my money even if it is on sale. I realize I could just move the ruler to make it line up at the measurement I want but moving the ruler defeats the whole purpose of keeping everything all lined up and faster strip cutting.
    Old 09-07-2010, 06:28 AM

When I use mine I cannot keep the cuts straight, the fabric or template seems to slide. Help!
    Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 AM

You are right. Their notions are on sale frequently.

Originally Posted by Dee Dee

They seem to put the notions and/or rotary cutting implements on sale about once a month or so, so I decided to keep watching this thread. I have an Alto Quilt Cut 2 which I need to use more often so if the Shape Cut doesn't give me at least 1/2 inch slots and preferably 1/4 inch slots in a large ruler; I'll save my money even if it is on sale. I realize I could just move the ruler to make it line up at the measurement I want but moving the ruler defeats the whole purpose of keeping everything all lined up and faster strip cutting.
    Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 AM

Oh Dear! Do others have that problem with it sliding?

Originally Posted by Grinster
    When I use mine I cannot keep the cuts straight, the fabric or template seems to slide. Help!
    Old 09-07-2010, 06:11 PM

Which Shape Cut is the best all purpose, and best one to start with?