Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • June Taylor Shape Cut Pro Ruler >
  • June Taylor Shape Cut Pro Ruler

• June Taylor Shape Cut Pro Ruler

Old 04-07-2014, 02:21 PM

I just ordered one from Overstock. It was $46.79, and with the shipping and tax the total was just a little over $52. I should get it by Friday.
    Old 04-07-2014, 02:22 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider
    Why is it called Shape Cut? The name alone would make me think it would also do squares and triangles. Why not Strip cut if that's what it does? I see there are some rulers for the shapes, but the name is misleading.
    LOL, I've wondered the same thing for years about this ruler!
    If you watch one of their videos, they do cut strips, leave the cut pieced undisturbed, then turn the ruler to cut squares, triangles & diamonds, so I guess this is why they call it a shape cutter. I just cut strips.
    Old 04-07-2014, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    LOL, I've wondered the same thing for years about this ruler!
    If you watch one of their videos, they do cut strips, leave the cut pieced undisturbed, then turn the ruler to cut squares, triangles & diamonds, so I guess this is why they call it a shape cutter. I just cut strips.
    I do this all the time! I have the large one that has 2-1/2" increments, which means there are also cutting lines at 5" and 10", which are charm square and layer cake size. So to make piles of charms, just cut at 5", 10", 15", 20"; flip things 90 degrees then cut in the same slots again. Ditto for layer cakes; cut at 10 & 20 inches, rotate, cut again. Tadaa! Home made pre-cuts.
    Old 04-07-2014, 02:40 PM

I like my one with 1/2" slots. I'm not sure I'd get my money's worth with a 2 1/2" slot. I have the 1/4", too, but find it a little busy. I fold my fabric again after pressing it so I'm working with a little over 10". I do not precut anything. I don't care if 5 yards is hanging off the cutting table as long as the fabric on the board and under the ruler is straight.
    Old 04-07-2014, 02:45 PM

I love my june taylor! I have the 1\2‘‘ on and the 1\8‘‘ one but dont use it as much but i cant cut a straight line so for me its perfect! Have used it to cut other shapes, nothing elaborate but it workd! With they would put the anti-slip dots on them though! Hate when they shift ewhen your cutting n you cant stop! I used mu first one so much it broke! Lol
    Old 04-07-2014, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by misseva
    Can someone tell me the difference in the two rulers that are described as both being 20 x 23" except the price? One is $51.99 and the other is $96.78. They both say the slots are 2-1/2" apart,

http://www.walmart.com/search/search...0taylor%20shap

I want one that's tall enough to cut across folded WOF.
    This is the identical ruler...sold at the different stores listed...I find there is a huge price difference between stores in some cases...
    Old 04-07-2014, 03:38 PM

I love my June Taylor Shape Cut Pro and use it several times a week. Although it was expensive, I have certainly gotten my money's worth. I make lots of quick quilts using pre cuts. I often cut my own jelly rolls, charm squares, and layer cakes with that ruler. I have the instructions for cutting shapes like triangles; but have never tried it. Cutting with the June Taylor ruler makes cutting so much faster and I know what I cut will be accurate. I have 2 other June Taylor rulers. One cuts 1/2" which I use frequently. If I need to cut 3" squares, I use slivers of blue painter's tape to mark every 3" on that ruler. My third ruler cuts eighths. When I have to cut 3/8" or 7/8" squares, etc. that ruler is a life saver. I am a huge fan of June Taylor rulers!
    Old 04-07-2014, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by buslady
    Did you notice on the more expensive one, it looks like the WalMart site, but says "sold and shipped from "Stuff4u" or something like that. Aparently, somone is trying to make money at your expense!! Upon further looking, they don't have a very good rating, either. 75% is all. I wonder how they are able to make it look like you are buying from WalMart!! I don't like being deceived.
    This is nothing different than what Amazon does with many of their products. The ad doesnt say its being sold by Walmart. They are the go between between some merchants.
    Old 04-07-2014, 04:30 PM

Have one of these I got from Joann's (came in an extremely sturdy box that is only slightly larger than the ruler allowing you to store in the box). I love this ruler! Great for cutting binding.
    Old 04-07-2014, 04:43 PM

I purchased the shape cut slotter at Walmart for $9. I just folded my fabric selvage to selvage twice and cut my strips they came out perfect.