Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • June Taylor Shape Cut Pro Ruler >
  • June Taylor Shape Cut Pro Ruler

• June Taylor Shape Cut Pro Ruler

Old 04-07-2014, 04:51 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by SueSew
    I think if you want to cut a 24" strip you want the very big one which they have at Joann's - 23"x20" wide so you can whoosh right up those 2 1/2" strips. I have one and I love it.
    http://www.joann.com/search?q=June%20Tailor%20shape-cut
    $83 bucks and I gotta say if you car cutting strips it beats moving the ruler and trying not to wiggle the fabric at every whoosh!
    I got this one at JAF last thanksgiving at 60% off and free shipping. I thought that it cut more than just every 2.5". It is also very tight between the slots. Being disable, it is difficult for me to fight trying to get my rotary cutter in the slots. But if ALL you cut are 2.5" strips or 5" charm, it will cut from WOF.
    Old 04-07-2014, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa Marie
    I purchased the shape cut slotter at Walmart for $9. I just folded my fabric selvage to selvage twice and cut my strips they came out perfect.
    I looked online at WalMart and could only find the Shape Cut for $29.95. Which one did you find for $9? I would love to have another one.
    Old 04-07-2014, 06:44 PM
    Jim

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider
    Why is it called Shape Cut? The name alone would make me think it would also do squares and triangles. Why not Strip cut if that's what it does? I see there are some rulers for the shapes, but the name is misleading.
    There is nothing deceiving about the shape cutter, I own 3 of them and you can cut shapes easily with the grid marks on the ruler. Much easier than a lot of templates that are sold. I cut yardage and any size strips from 1/8th inch to 12 inches and more with the larger rulers. And can easily cut into different shapes such as squares, strips and half square triangles.
    Old 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM

Weezy Rider, you can do squares and triangles with the shape cut, not just strips. I love mine although I have the one that has 1/2" increments, I have thought of getting the 2 1/2" increments but have decided I really can't justify spending the money, since I can do 2 1/2" increments on the one I have.
    Old 04-08-2014, 04:32 AM

I bought the giant Shape Cut Pro at Joann's (Online) when it was on sale for i believe 50% off and then used an online only coupon for an additional 15% off my order. That extra 15% saved me more than free shipping would have. The price may not be the best around but when you "coupon" the price comes down lower than other places.
    Old 04-08-2014, 10:24 AM

One I have is a June Taylor shape cutter pro and is $32.01 at Wal Mart and has slots every 1/2 " so you can cut sizes besides the 2 1/2 strips. It was one I could afford when I got it and it shows how to cut charms and layer cakes and lots of shapes.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shape-Cut-...-Cutting-Tool/
    It is an 18 x 12.
    Old 04-09-2014, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by athomenow
    I bought a used shaper cutter and I love it. It's 12 x 12 and I would love to have a bigger one but this one does what I need. A cinch for cutting strips and then squares. Mine is starting to crack and I've duct taped parts of it to keep it going. I want to contact the guy that does the laser cut templates and see if he can do one of these at a more reasonable cost.

Let us know what you find out??
    Old 04-09-2014, 02:48 AM

Overstock has it online for 46.79 & 2.95 shipping.
    Old 04-09-2014, 03:10 AM

I have the larger one and love it. You can also cut 5" strips to make your own charm squares. I bought mine at JoAnne's with a 50% off coupon. It was shipped in a large flat cardboard box which is great for storage. It also holds my larger cutting mats and stencils for flat storage.
    Old 04-09-2014, 05:26 AM

I have the smaller one and like it! It is easy to handle since it is smaller. Snce I fold my fabric in 4th it is tall enough to cut the WOF. Also Joann sell this ruler and you can always use a coupon on it. Why buy itat Walmart foir full price when you can get it at joanns.