Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • June Taylor shape cut rulers >
  • June Taylor shape cut rulers

• June Taylor shape cut rulers

Old 09-01-2017, 08:43 AM

Thank you! good to know

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    I have the plus and use it all the time. You'll be able to do more with it than the pro which only cuts in 2-1/2 inch increments.
    Old 09-01-2017, 08:52 AM

Thanks to all, I ordered the 12x18 Shape cut Ruler Plus from Amazon and used my points from our Discover Card so didn't have to put out any money for it. I know I really did put out money along the way but it feels like I got it for nothing LOL.. I use all my points from Discover Card for my sewing stuff. Can't wait till I accumulate more points..

Thanks again for all of your help.. Love this forum! and all the wonderful ladies out there..
    Old 09-01-2017, 05:22 PM

I LOVE the 12"x12" June Tailor shape cut rulers, I have 3 of them, I happened upon a 12"x18" at a thrift store for $3.00, tried it, absolutely hated it and promptly donated it. Personally, I don't think I would get the 20x23, because I like to cut in different sizes and not in 2 1/2" increments.
    Old 09-02-2017, 02:14 AM

I thought I'd love the Creative Grids Stripology version of the June Taylor Shape Cut because I love their rulers so much. I have 4 of the June Taylor Stripologys and use them all the time. BUT the CG Stripology ruler is slightly less wide than the JTs so I find that the strips I cut often don't cut all the way to the end. I usually have about 1/8" that the blade can't reach unless I am VERY persnickety when I fold for cutting. So I have to add a step of snipping my strips apart. For a timesaving device, adding a step is really bothersome.

As to storage of my rulers, my cutting table is two portable 4' folding tables end to end raised to their highest level. Where their legs meet in the middle is where my rulers live standing upright between them. Very convenient!
    Old 09-02-2017, 03:40 AM

"Annaquilts" i have them all as well. Started with the 12x12. Actually wore it out and had to buy another. I don't do a lot of strip quilting and I like the portability of the 12x12. I found the pro a little unwieldy but glad I got it; however, the 12x12 remains my go to. Honestly I can't cut a straight line to save my life. I store them by standing them up against the wall in the corner of my sewing room. They could go under a bed or in a closet as easily. They don't warp or anything.
    Old 09-02-2017, 03:58 AM

FYI...they both cut in 1/4" increments. There is a chart included in the packaging to tell you where and how to cut. The larger one needs a bigger cutting area. I have both and use them both a lot. I also have a rack against the wall to store my LARGE rulers in...they both fit in that rack with my 20 1/2" square ruler.
    Old 09-02-2017, 05:59 AM

I have both of these and just love them. I also have an Accuquilt Go but use these rulers more than the GO. I used my coupons at Joann's to buy them and got them very cheap. I have actually went through my first June Taylor ruler I have used it that much. I bought the 7/8th ruler too but have never used it once.
    Old 09-02-2017, 06:02 AM

I love the plus. The pro is too limited.
    Old 09-02-2017, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by notmorecraft
    I store mine along with long rulers in an IKEA wall mounted newspaper rack, in the UK it is Spontan. I can also store cutting mats in it
    Me too, it's ideal for cutting mats and rulers.
    Old 09-02-2017, 07:03 AM
    Power Poster

Stripology for me too. It is better quality.