Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Just can't get moving >
  • Just can't get moving

• Just can't get moving

Old 05-16-2011, 01:16 PM

I can relate...we have had 4 days straight of rainy weather...how depressing is that..don't really feel like doing anything but vegging..our big Canadian holiday weekend May 2-4 as it is called is next weekend...hoping for some sun even part of the day...
    Old 05-16-2011, 01:25 PM

I am like you...color unco-ordinated...I tend to stick with the colors I know that go together...you know the basics...try a tube quilt..that's easy and you can arrange the blocks alot of different ways!!! Have a piece of chocolate for me!!!
    Old 05-16-2011, 01:26 PM

Go on Youtube and look at some of the tutorials. I get inspired every time I go there.
    Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM

I am like you...color unco-ordinated...I tend to stick with the colors I know that go together...you know the basics...try a tube quilt..that's easy and you can arrange the blocks alot of different ways!!! Have a piece of chocolate for me!!!
    Old 05-16-2011, 02:07 PM

Hi, same thing happened to me. Last October fell over, broke my leg, was given a hip replacement, haven't quilted since, but still adding to my stash and bookmarking/downloading/buying patterns so hopefully "getting back into the groove" lol
    Old 05-16-2011, 02:36 PM

I haven't gone through this yet but I haven't been quilting very long. My problem is that I never seem to get to work on what I want to work on. I am (was) always trying to get things made for the craft shop/sales. I decided not to worry about that anymore and to just make what I want. Then someone wanted 2 purses. I couldn't turn her down because she was willing to pay $120 each. Then I had to get a baby quilt made for my niece. Then a friend really loved that quilt and wants one just like it so that's what I am working on now. I have another friend who wants a 72" long table runner and yet another friend who wants 6 place mats for her daughter. Some day I WILL make a quilt for myself. Yes, I will!! In a month I am going to a quilt retreat and I am going to work up some kits I purchased 1-2 years ago.
    Old 05-16-2011, 02:38 PM

You will snap back, honest. Try going online and doing a google or Bing search on "selecting fabric colors for quilting" You will probably come up with a ton of tutes.
    Meanwhile "hugs" galore
    Old 05-16-2011, 02:41 PM

I have taken a break from making quilts after feeling like I worked in a sweat shop after my last one. Instead I have made three purses, cute black linen pants, a couple of aprons, pretty bedroom curtains and a custom back and seat cushions for a wooden settee. I have been making a point of changing the patterns when I use them and when I can make my own designs. I have really been enoying myself and I'm sure I will eventually look forward to quilting again. Sure you will too!
    Old 05-16-2011, 02:59 PM

What you need is a reason. My best stimulus is someone's need and a deadline. Surely you know some elderly person or a child or even a friend who would appreciate and needs to know they are worth something special, "Your Quilt"

Take all you lovelies and cut two 2 1/2" strips and then make 4 patches. No real pattern needed to put them all together. You might wnat to use some white sashing and if you get frisky, you could put some connerstones in it. It will be delightful and fun to look at with all the different fabrics. Won't matter what colors you use casue it will all be based on variety and love.
    Old 05-16-2011, 03:08 PM

Okay thought of something else, Stop thinking traditional quilting and try your hand at art quilting. If you ever get to VA, I'll teach you color or actually I'll teach you that you already know ccolor but you are thinking it should be something complicated when you have been working with color all your life.