Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Just......Thank you for being here! >
  • Just......Thank you for being here!

• Just......Thank you for being here!

Old 04-07-2014, 07:18 AM

I have learned more from this board than from any of the classes I have taken. I am lost without
    it. Thank you to everyone who is here now and in the future.
    Old 04-07-2014, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by antylu
    Sitting musing while piecing this morning it occurred to me.......who else in the whole world would understand the agony of defeat or the bliss of victory...over a tiny scrap of fabric but other quilters! Thank you Quilting Board and members.
    I second this sentiment wholeheartedly! As a new quilter, I know I can come here, do a search, and have my questions answered immediately. The QB community is knowledgeable, kind, caring and so very helpful. It has made my journey into the quilting world so much easier. Thank you all.
    Old 04-07-2014, 08:33 AM

Well, all I can say is - A day without Quilt Board is like a day without Sunshine. I almost panic when I can't get my 'fix'.
    Old 04-07-2014, 09:17 AM

I've been on the QB for 4 years now. Went through the website changes and all and still love it and read it everyday, even if it's 2 in the morning! Have learned so much and no question is to stupid to ask! Love all you guys!!
    Old 04-07-2014, 09:57 AM

Ditto to everything that's been said!!! I found this board when I first decided it was time become a quilter. Having been a seamstress all of my life (took my first trip on a treadle machine when I was seven) I had always said that I would take up quilting when I retired. Well....I turned 70 in December and am still not retired but have slowed down some & am spending lots of time quilting & learning from this board. I cannot thank all of you enough for the massive amounts of information that I have gleaned from coming to this board everyday. Am having my twenty fifth wedding anniversary in a couple weeks and my DH took me machine shopping and bought me a brand spanking new Baby Lock "Aria". I am in heaven. It knows more than I do but I'll learn to use all of it's features.
    AND......I finally got my Quilting Board Digest today for the first time in over a week....Life Is Good
    Old 04-07-2014, 11:05 AM

Let me add my appreciation. Before I began quilting, I frequently ran across quilting shows on cable. Usually, I would stop and watch, fascinated but having only the vaguest idea about what they were doing. I remember seeing Fons & Porter episodes before I ever knew who Fons & Porter were.

Now that I've joined the quilt making world, there is not one, NOT ONE, quilting show on my cable. But this board is a terrific substitute! I come here daily for a little chat with all of you about the agony and the ecstasy of this hobby and/or business we're engaged in. So glad you are all here!
    Old 04-07-2014, 11:40 AM

I agree with everything said. It's such a wonderful, cozy by the fire, curl up and read thing here. Lots of great help from great people with lots of like mindedness. Love it too. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Old 04-07-2014, 03:29 PM

If I ever have a question about anything, I come to this board. Anything at all. Everyone is so helpful.
    Old 04-07-2014, 08:52 PM

I knew nothing about quilting when I started out and thanks to this site I have learnt so much valuable information--that now the ladies in our quilting get to gathers ask me how to do things the easy way. I should note that I still have a lot to learn , but I get my inspirations from all of you wonderful people on this site. I check it out every day unless I am sick.
    Old 04-08-2014, 04:42 AM

That's exactly how i do it now, every morning.

That was supposed to quote someone. I need more coffee

Last edited by Carrie in PA; 04-08-2014 at 04:45 AM.