Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Just watched >
  • Just watched

• Just watched

Old 11-18-2012, 06:15 PM

Our PBS here every day we have a 1/2 hr show Mon. - Fri. Knitting on Mon., Sewing with Martha she sometimes has quilting , Wed is Modern quilting/painting on fabric, Thurs is Sewing with Nancy and you can also go on her site and watch the shows, Fri. we have Fons & Porter Quilting. That's it. Online seems to have more available but if your online you can't get anything else done. Wish they had more. Sue
    Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 AM

Nancy Zieman dot com has the latest 52 show available!! I just love her shows!!
    Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 AM

Oh I do love when there is a new site for quilting listed!
    Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 AM

I watch all the Eleanor Burns programs on my computer, she's fantastic, all her programs going back to the Log Cabin are available free at:
    http://quiltinaday.com/theater/library.html
    Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 AM

I think that is why PBS is not running quilting shows anymore.......availability on computer from various artists, whether you pay to see them or they are offered free........it seems to be the trend for most everything now....even tv programs are offered on "your computer"........so we have to walk around with our "tablet" in our hands at all times.....just a joke!!!!
    Old 11-20-2012, 07:47 AM

Our PBS has added "Why Quilts Matters" (I think that is the name). It is a 9 part series on historical quilting and why. It is really interesting. They have had a program on Gee's Bend and one on collecting quilts.
    Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
    I watch all the Eleanor Burns programs on my computer, she's fantastic, all her programs going back to the Log Cabin are available free at:
    http://quiltinaday.com/theater/library.html
    Oh My Gosh! Last year when I discovered Ellie Burns on the internet..that is all I did for 2 weeks. Came home from work and sat in front of computer til bedtime watching her shows. She is really something else. You don't even have to buy her books because she tells it all in her show. I love it!!
    Old 11-20-2012, 07:05 PM

In Kenai, Alaska we get PBS shows Sewing with Nancy, Martha Pullen--old shows, Fons & Porter and It's Sew Easy. There was a stretch of a year or more that the sewing shows were removed and what was left was woodworking, home remodeling shows and it is so great to have the sewing shows again. On HGTV--home garden channel we used to get lots of craft and sewing shows--those have disappeared. The U-Tube videos are a blessing as well as the Craftsy classes. As a member of Quilter's of America there are videos available. It is nice to be able to view videos at anytime.
    Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 PM

We get 2 hours a week for 8 months out of the year on PBS. Sewing With Nancy, Quilt in a Day, Martha Sews. ans Fons and Porter. I say 8 months a year because every quarter PBS takes a month to fundraise. I like going to UTube except for one thing, to watch a 5 minute video it takes me up to half an hour because my laptop has to stop and buffer every little bit. Not sure what that is about but it gets exasperating. It's been over 10 years since they cut all the craft and quilting shows from HGTV. I think if there were a channel just for that it woud probably be all I would watch...lol.
    Old 11-20-2012, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO
    It is very interesting to hear how limited quilting on tv is. I do use the computer but the screen is small and I like the larger tv screen. Also next Sunday we have a quilt class showing us how to make 3 blocks and..... Senior moment.
    It is definitely an improvement for us.
    We got a wireless thing from HP that allows us to see whatever is on the laptop on the TV screen. It's great, but requires a newer TV to plug the adapters in. Love watching Alex Anderson and Ricky Tim's "The Quilt Show" this way!