Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Kedemas iron? >
  • Kedemas iron?

• Kedemas iron?

Old 07-21-2024, 09:59 PM

Default Kedemas iron?

Has anyone ever owned or used a Kedemas steam iron? They look comfortable to use. Tim Totten uses one in his videos. They are sold on Amazon, but I cannot get the link to work, sorry.
    Old 07-21-2024, 10:20 PM

I had neveer heard of it so looked it up. It doess look interesting.
    Old 07-22-2024, 03:37 AM
    Power Poster

If you use a steamer it looks like a nice one. I had to look up Tim Totten. I watch some of his videos but didn't know his name. LOL
    Old 07-22-2024, 08:44 AM
    mkc

Odd that there's absolutely nothing about this iron other than on Amazon and from Amazon "influencer" videos. The brand doesn't appear to exist other than within that environment.
    Old 07-22-2024, 12:03 PM

i never use steam, i have a plain water fine spritzer and fine spritzer with 50/50 starch and water.

beyond that im not a fan of travel irons because for everyday pressing you have to apply a lot more hand pressure to get a similar press as a full size iron. 2 cents from the peanut gallery
    Old 07-22-2024, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by mkc
    Odd that there's absolutely nothing about this iron other than on Amazon and from Amazon "influencer" videos. The brand doesn't appear to exist other than within that environment.
    That is strange. I know that Amazon produces some of their own products. I can't remember the name they use for them. Maybe this is one of those.
    Old 07-22-2024, 12:14 PM
    mkc

Originally Posted by cashs_mom
    That is strange. I know that Amazon produces some of their own products. I can't remember the name they use for them. Maybe this is one of those.
    Amazon Basics are the Amazon-branded items (which they don't manufacture themselves, they just contract it.)

This "Kedemas" one appears to be a pseudo-brand created by a third party. That's usually an importer who sells via places like Amazon, Wish, Temu, etc.

BTW, Fakespot gives their only other product, a wheatgrass juicer, an "F".

Last edited by mkc; 07-22-2024 at 12:19 PM.
    Old 07-22-2024, 05:28 PM

Sounds like a random jumble of English syllables. Chinese companies will register a group of them with Amazon and then will have backups if one brand runs into trouble. Amazon pays so little attention to what they’re selling, it works out well for them. For us, it means pages and pages of identical stuff.

Totally agree on the lightweight irons needing more pressure. I have a very cheap B&D and it takes more muscle than my heavier old Rowenta. Always surprised by it, oddly.

hugs,
    charlotte
    Old 07-23-2024, 05:20 AM

The full size iron Tim Totten is using in his videos is not available on Amazon. All I found was the travel iron.
    bkay
    Old 07-23-2024, 06:14 AM

I had never heard of them, nor Mr. Totten - so, of course, had to look both up. This is how I waste so much time, lol.

I am also in the "heavier is better" camp when it comes to irons. Last year, I found an older Rowenta for $7 at a thrift shop. Almost brand new, but had what appears to be crayon on the bottom. That was easy to clean off, and it works great. This after saying I'd never buy another Rowenta.... The others, however, were newer models, and I still say I wouldn't buy another of those.