• Keepsake Quilting >
  • Keepsake Quilting

• Keepsake Quilting

Old 05-05-2011, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    I love their stuff!
    Great :-D
    Old 05-05-2011, 05:26 AM

Yes, I have and I really like their fabric. Visited the shop last summer and if I could, I would move in. Not only is the shop wonderful, it is in the most fantastic setting.
    Old 05-05-2011, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by cactusmomma
    Yes, I have and I really like their fabric. Visited the shop last summer and if I could, I would move in. Not only is the shop wonderful, it is in the most fantastic setting.
    I just assumed they were strictly an on-line store. See what I get for assuming?? :D
    Old 05-05-2011, 05:34 AM

KQ is about an hour's drive from my place, so when there is a sale that's when I go to save on postage. However, with the cost of gas nowadays, it comes out cheaper to buy online. KQ does carry brand-name fabrics so it's more expensive to buy from them than Connecting Threads. KQ also has a return policy so you can return your purchase if you're not satisfied. The salespeople are very courteous, and know a lot about quilting so it was always a pleasure to go there. In most cases, a trip to KQ also means a day outing for me since the store is on the way to the White Mountains and the lakes.
    CT only sells its own fabric collection, thus the low overhead. For tools and equipment, I go to Joann's and use the discount coupons.
    Old 05-05-2011, 05:34 AM

KQ is about an hour's drive from my place, so when there is a sale that's when I go to save on postage. However, with the cost of gas nowadays, it comes out cheaper to buy online. KQ does carry brand-name fabrics so it's more expensive to buy from them than Connecting Threads. KQ also has a return policy so you can return your purchase if you're not satisfied. The salespeople are very courteous, and know a lot about quilting so it was always a pleasure to go there. In most cases, a trip to KQ also means a day outing for me since the store is on the way to the White Mountains and the lakes.
    CT only sells its own fabric collection, thus the low overhead. For tools and equipment, I go to Joann's and use the discount coupons.
    Old 05-05-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie
    Has anyone purchased fabric from Keepsake Quilting? And , if so, how does their fabric compare to Connecting Thread?
    I have purchased a polka dot scrap bag very recently and although the quality was fairly good, I didn't get even one piece of fabric in the collection received that was shown in the pictures. I didn't care for a lot of the fabrics I got in the scrap bag as it seemed to be leftover stuff no one else wanted. But when you buy a scrap bag, you aren't guaranteed what you will get. But I doubt I would order an unknown again. But I thought the quality was OK but not LQS quality. But the scrap bags are fairly cheap so I wouldn't expect LQS quality in a scrap bag purchase. I buy tons of patterns and notions from them though and have never been disappointed there!
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by insgal62
    Originally Posted by Wonnie
    Has anyone purchased fabric from Keepsake Quilting? And , if so, how does their fabric compare to Connecting Thread?
    I have purchased a polka dot scrap bag very recently and although the quality was fairly good, I didn't get even one piece of fabric in the collection received that was shown in the pictures. I didn't care for a lot of the fabrics I got in the scrap bag as it seemed to be leftover stuff no one else wanted. But when you buy a scrap bag, you aren't guaranteed what you will get. But I doubt I would order an unknown again. But I thought the quality was OK but not LQS quality. But the scrap bags are fairly cheap so I wouldn't expect LQS quality in a scrap bag purchase. I buy tons of patterns and notions from them though and have never been disappointed there!
    I love Nancy's Notions but had the same experience with one of their scrap bags. It's been a while but I think I threw most all of it away but, like you said, it was REALLY cheap so I got what I paid for. :D
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:11 AM

Know what you mean about the cost of travel via auto.
    And, yes, it is often cheaper to just pay the postage. Would love to visit their store but that's not going to happen :cry: Thanks for the input :D
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 AM

One more reply... I have found that the fabric colors are usually not as pictured in the catalog or on the website. Have been disappointed a few times, but that doesn't keep me from ordering and trying again.
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:16 AM

Just FYI - Joann's carries Keepsake fabrics as their major stock and I think Keepsake private labels for Joann's. I buy a lot from Joann's, especially when they have their sales and the Keepsake stuff is very good on the whole. Only issue I have run into is some of the fabrics vary by weight, so when you are using several different fabrics in a quilt you have to be a little careful since some can be lightweight and others medium weight, even though they are all cotton.