Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Keepsake Quilting >
  • Keepsake Quilting

• Keepsake Quilting

Old 05-05-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by MIJul
    One more reply... I have found that the fabric colors are usually not as pictured in the catalog or on the website. Have been disappointed a few times, but that doesn't keep me from ordering and trying again.
    Ooh, great tip! Are they less clear or not as bright?
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14
    Just FYI - Joann's carries Keepsake fabrics as their major stock and I think Keepsake private labels for Joann's. I buy a lot from Joann's, especially when they have their sales and the Keepsake stuff is very good on the whole. Only issue I have run into is some of the fabrics vary by weight, so when you are using several different fabrics in a quilt you have to be a little careful since some can be lightweight and others medium weight, even though they are all cotton.
    Good to know. Will watch for that. :-D
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 AM

We went to New Hampshire last year for vacation and stopped at Keepsake Quilting. Wonderful fabric(probably the best I have ever purchased. Great store, friendly staff----loved fabric and store.
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:27 AM

Not even the same color. Example: I ordered a fabric that I thought had a light tan background with purple flowers and green leaves. When it arrived, the background was actually a light green and the leaves were more khaki and brown rather than green. So if you are ordering a specific color, it might not be what you think.
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by carla m
    ive ordered from both and the fabric at both are very nice but keepsake quilting has a bit more variety it just depends on what your looking for. of course connecting threads is much cheaper you can get more bang for your buck.
    they also have free shipping online if you order more than $50 and keepsake doesnt unless theyre haveing a special or something. keepsake also has more notions i think than ct but theyre both great places and seem to have great customer service from my point of veiw.
    carla
    I have had the same experience. I do believe that the quality at Keepsake Quilting is better but then the prices are higher too.
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by jodyma
    We went to New Hampshire last year for vacation and stopped at Keepsake Quilting. Wonderful fabric(probably the best I have ever purchased. Great store, friendly staff----loved fabric and store.
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:35 AM

Not even the same color. Example: I ordered a fabric that I thought had a light tan background with purple flowers and green leaves. When it arrived, the background was actually a light green and the leaves were more khaki and brown rather than green. So if you are ordering a specific color, it might not be what you think.
    Wow! That's not good! Maybe they would be kind enough to check the fabric out for us if we ordered by phone and give us a better description. Thanks :D
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie
    Wow! That's not good! Maybe they would be kind enough to check the fabric out for us if we ordered by phone and give us a better description. Thanks :D
    You should do that. A lot of the time the fault on color is with your computer! What you see is NOT always what you get when viewed on a computer monitor. Older computer models may not have the color capability. I actually have this problem at work - when I am sent a marketing brochure for proofing, I never look at the color - I always wait for the printed copy. Keepsake would probably send swatches if you ask and if you need a specific match.
    Old 05-05-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie
    You should do that. A lot of the time the fault on color is with your computer! What you see is NOT always what you get when viewed on a computer monitor. Older computer models may not have the color capability. I actually have this problem at work - when I am sent a marketing brochure for proofing, I never look at the color - I always wait for the printed copy. Keepsake would probably send swatches if you ask and if you need a specific match.
    I'm sure you're right....thanks :-D
    Old 05-05-2011, 07:07 AM

Just FYI - Joann's carries Keepsake fabrics as their major stock and I think Keepsake private labels for Joann's. I buy a lot from Joann's, especially when they have their sales and the Keepsake stuff is very good on the whole. Only issue I have run into is some of the fabrics vary by weight, so when you are using several different fabrics in a quilt you have to be a little careful since some can be lightweight and others medium weight, even though they are all cotton.
    Not true, not even close! Keepsake calico, sold at JoAnn's has nothing to do with Keepsake Quilting...nothing at all! See this message from Rob OBrian, the KQ President, posted last year to clarify this misconception. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-33801-2.htm#716712

KQ sells only LQS quality fabrics...Kaufman, Hoffman, Moda, etc. It's not possible that their scrap bags are of a lesser quality because they do not have any 'lesser quality' fabrics available.