Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Keepsake Quilting >
  • Keepsake Quilting

• Keepsake Quilting

Old 09-23-2024, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mkotch
    Oh, I wish I had seen this sooner! I've been waiting for 10 days for some fabric I ordered. I had great luck receiving some wide back fabric last month. It arrived speedily. Now there's no word about my order and my card has been charged. I will give them a call tomorrow.
    I sent them a message after I posted this and received an almost immediate reply - they were inundated with orders and are working on mine. Guess I'll try to be more patient!
    Old 09-23-2024, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mkotch
    I sent them a message after I posted this and received an almost immediate reply - they were inundated with orders and are working on mine. Guess I'll try to be more patient!
    Update: I finally received a reply from Keepsake here's their reply.

"Thank you for contacting us. I apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. Due to the overwhelming response to our recent $5.98 fabric sale, it is taking us longer to cut and ship your order. We are working hard, including nights and weekends, to get caught up and ship to you as soon as possible.

You will receive a shipping confirmation once your order has shipped from our warehouse.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!"

My patience and understanding went out window when their customer service department didn't respond to any of my many contacts until after I gave them a 1 star review and they told me they had run out of stock. They should have updated us within a few days that there was a problem and given me the option to cancel my order. I will certainly think twice before I purchase from them again. I did receive a contact number for someone who would like to speak with me so will call and see what she says. Also checked my order status and it's still unfilled.
    Old 09-23-2024, 10:36 AM

Update: Spoke with a very nice lady at Keepsake who handles the online chats and she explained to me that they have large backlog of orders that they are working on getting cut and shipped by this week, especially the Anthology line that they were running at $5.98. They have updated website that some orders can take 2 to 3 weeks to be fulfilled. I've put this project on the back burner and will wait a little longer for my fabric. Until this order I have always received my fabric quickly and been satisfied with quality so hopefully this was a one time experience as it sounds like they have identified problems and working to fix them.
    Old 09-24-2024, 02:27 AM

Before this last order when they were "inundated," I have always received my fabric in a timely fashion, and I love the wide back I bought a few weeks ago. Their "Amish black" fabric is wonderful.
    Old 09-24-2024, 02:46 PM

Default Keepsake

I have been resisting the urge to chime in on this topic, as I have been frustrated with Keepsake's very slow shipping in the past. However . . . ! Friday evening I ordered fabric from them. Today I found it at my front door! Granted, I live only one state over, but they fulfilled my order very quickly, much faster than I expected.
    Old 09-25-2024, 04:00 AM

Interesting experience after following this thread for a couple of days. Yesterday I got a message in my e-mail box from Keepsake about how they miss me and want me to place an order with them. Humm, life is so difficult for the business that they are searching files from more than 6 years ago to find customers. That is my cynical response. My other response is they should first take care of the customers they have in a prompt and thoughtful manner. I haven't purchased from them because, I haven't needed what they offer. I am purchasing my fabric needs from local or regional shops where I can "see" what I am looking for. On line purchases are a convenience for some quilting/sewing items but I want to support local businesses so they stay open too. My experience with Keepsake was fine but it was a long time ago and it appears that their business had changed.
    Old 09-25-2024, 10:31 AM

I hadn't ordered from Keepsake in a long time, but one of their emails had something I really liked. I ordered on 9/14. So far I haven't heard a thing. Oh, well, I didn't need the things I ordered right away so lets just hope they get here "someday"
    Old 09-26-2024, 06:10 AM

on the subject of shorted fabric, In our travels across country we stopped at a shop in Texas where I bought 13 fat quarters in neutrals.
    When I got home and rinsed and dried them, then talid them out to fold every one of them was 15-ish"X18-ish". Nothing I can do about it but I was pretty stunned and truth be told, a little hurt to be ripped off by a quilt shop.
    Old 09-27-2024, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts
    on the subject of shorted fabric, In our travels across country we stopped at a shop in Texas where I bought 13 fat quarters in neutrals.
    When I got home and rinsed and dried them, then talid them out to fold every one of them was 15-ish"X18-ish". Nothing I can do about it but I was pretty stunned and truth be told, a little hurt to be ripped off by a quilt shop.

Did you measure before getting them wet? I find different fabric brands shrink more than the others. Some have major shrinkage in both directions.
    Old 09-27-2024, 04:50 AM
    Power Poster

Too many experiments have shown that cotton fabric will shrink in one direction from selvage to selvage. if I don't pre wash I will starch or steam press before cutting.