Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Kicking off Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Mystery ~ Celtic Solstice >
  • Kicking off Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Mystery ~ Celtic Solstice

• Kicking off Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Mystery ~ Celtic Solstice

Old 11-26-2013, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA
    Is anyone else changing up the colors? I want to work out of my stash and don't have her colors. Make that I need to work out of my stash to reduce it. I'm downsizing my things as I work off my dining room table and have very little storage.
    Yes, half the people posting in this thread are changing the colors, and quite a few are also working from stash.

Sharyn, do you know if Bonnie has a Flickr group or something similar, where people can go post pictures of their version and look at everyone else's version?
    Old 11-26-2013, 09:09 AM

Okay, found this from the other thread on the links. I still need to do my stash diving. I did look at the color wheel of her combos and tried to duplicate it with what I have alot of. So mine is going to be aqua, blue violet, red orange and some other color towards pink violet. I don't have many lights so will have to figure out how to do that. Maybe I will have to face the crowds on Friday and use a Joann's coupon to get some neutral fabric.

This is my first time trying one of her mystery quilts. I plan to do the small one as it will be the biggest quilt I have ever done. I really shouldn't be starting this project as I have tons of other to finish and want to do some scrappy memory throws with my Dad's shirts that I deconstructed last weekend.
    Old 11-26-2013, 04:18 PM

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. I have never followed one of her mystery quilts on-line. I was fortunate enough to take a one day workshop with her about 1 1/2 yrs ago and am working on that quilt. Yeah, I need another project like a hole in the head! But this seems so exciting. I haven't had a chance to look through my stash. I'm hoping I get to do that on Friday.
    Old 11-26-2013, 05:11 PM

I'm excited for the mystery. I pulled my mother in law in too... My colors scream Halloween orange, black, white, purple and green. All are a type of print instead of a solid. I'd rather not buy anymore fabrics till at least January. Call it stash anxiety...where you want to use up older fabrics from other unnecessary splurges.
    Old 11-26-2013, 09:54 PM

I have never done one of Bonnie's mysteries before. I am using her colours. shopping from stash (and scraps) and making the small size.
    Old 11-28-2013, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA
    Is anyone else changing up the colors? I want to work out of my stash and don't have her colors. Make that I need to work out of my stash to reduce it. I'm downsizing my things as I work off my dining room table and have very little storage.
    I have to go from stash this yr. I tried to last yr., but didn't have enough of the aqua,orange & greens so I ended up buying some & swapping fabric w/ my sister to have enough. So this yr. I'm going to change colors & use up older fabrics from my stash.
    Old 11-30-2013, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
    Sharyn, do you know if Bonnie has a Flickr group or something similar, where people can go post pictures of their version and look at everyone else's version?
    Someplace in that 1st clue, there is a reference to a Monday Link up...maybe like a Mr Linky so you can link to a picture? I have not done one on her site, so not sure just how that goes. I am sure she would have a way to post even if you are not a blogger. I will check it out on Monday. Can't wait to see what everyone is doing!
    Old 11-30-2013, 09:59 AM

I'm just getting started on picking my fabrics for it.
    Old 11-30-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by soccertxi
    Someplace in that 1st clue, there is a reference to a Monday Link up...maybe like a Mr Linky so you can link to a picture? I have not done one on her site, so not sure just how that goes. I am sure she would have a way to post even if you are not a blogger. I will check it out on Monday. Can't wait to see what everyone is doing!
    I don't know what either of those are!

I picked my fabrics from my stash. I was able to get the rulers from JoAnns and they happened to be on sale. Don't know if I'll be able to get to cutting any of it today, but I did take the time to watch her videos.
    Old 11-30-2013, 01:26 PM

For Bonnie's LinkUp you need to have a Blog or Website! I think we are using the other QB site for posting our pics. Frustrated Quilter already posted a picture of the ones she has finished.