Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Kids pantographs >
  • Kids pantographs

• Kids pantographs

Old 12-17-2013, 03:23 PM

Default Kids pantographs

What is your go-to pantograph for kids quilts. I would like something not too busy.
    Old 12-17-2013, 03:36 PM

In my family the kids, under 10, don't care about the Panto, they are into the fabric & quilt style. I mostly use Warm & Natural as my batting, so can quilt up to every 10 inches. That being said, I look for a pattern that will give me open area and some gentle lines and I tend to like swirly patterns. Because I want the quilts very washable, I try not to leave any space over 4 to 5 inches just open. I, also, like wave and star patterns. I have one that has hearts on it that I do for the smaller kids because I tell the I love them and this shows it. They believe me!
    Old 12-17-2013, 03:46 PM

I don't have a "go to" kids panto, but here are the ones I have and like:
    Security Blanket (by Dave Hudson), Kids Toys(by Deb Geisler--love it but not the easiest to execute well), Wascally Wabbit, Cupcake, Hugs & Kisses (by Judy Vallely), Monkey Business (by Patricia Ritter), Paper Dolls, Animal Crackers, Baby of Mine. I also love to do an allover "puzzle pieces" pattern on kids quilts, no pattern needed. Just use chalk to mark a grid the size you want and freehand it: upward line with a bump near the middle in either direction (l or r), horizontal line over the top of the square with a bump near the middle in either direction (up or down), downward line with a bump near the middle in either direction (l or r), horizontal line across the bottom of the next square with a bump near the middle in either direction (up or down), and repeat all across quilt. When you start the next row, do exactly the same thing and the open bottoms of the squares in the first row are automatically filled in. Hope my description makes sense. I guess if anything is my "go to" kids' pattern, puzzle pieces is it.