Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Kings Men Quilting Supply >
  • Kings Men Quilting Supply

• Kings Men Quilting Supply

Old 09-11-2011, 06:17 PM

I have another LA friend and she uses them a lot. I have gotten a few things from them with great service!

ali
    Old 09-12-2011, 02:41 AM

Thanks for that link! I'm loving it!
    Old 09-12-2011, 02:52 AM
    Power Poster

I order from them. They are fast. UPS destroyed one of my packages and they made it right for me.

They also charge the actual shipping charge. They give you a charge and then if the actual charge is less they charge you the cheaper rate.
    Old 09-12-2011, 03:21 AM

I order my batting and thread from them because even with shipping it's cheaper than Joanns and Hobby Lobby. I don't have any place else around here. They are great to work with and usually ship quickly and I like the hobbs 80/20. Since I quilt mostly for charity I try to find the best prices and theirs are really good.
    Old 09-12-2011, 03:22 AM

I do like the Hobbs' fusible and didn't see it on here.

Perhaps as another mentioned, if it is mostly for longarmers, that could be the reason.......I usually get mine from Connecting Threads, especially when they are running one of the 30% off sales.
    Old 09-12-2011, 03:40 AM

My Sis-in-law and I stopped in at their business this summer on the way to her family's place. Some experienced LA quilters had mentioned they take trips there several times a year to stock up because their prices are awesome. We're just getting started, so we didn't buy anything other than a few teaching videos.
    Old 09-12-2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
    I know it's not the Poly - I just wanted to make clear how much I really don't like that look at all. Personally. So I wouldn't want anything similar to it.

Sounds like it's not going to be much different -poof wise- from W&N then, right?
    Thicker is ok, I don't mind that.

I think I'm going to order some packages to try out. That price is incredible.
    Thanks!
    They have 100% bleached cotton in a King for $18.50. Like you, I despise "poof", but I am too new to know what would be similar to W&N...is it completely 100% cotton? I bought a package of 80/20 from a box store once, but have never used it as it seems incredibly stiff. In saying that, I have no clue how it feels once it has been washed.
    Old 09-12-2011, 02:43 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by MTS
    Originally Posted by greensleeves
    I have used Kingsmen for several years and have never been disappointed in their service or prices. I longarm so I buy Hobbs 80/20 by the roll and get lots of other longarm supplies at very good prices.
    Good to know.
    So may I ask you this - do you happen to have a link to a quilt you did with the Hobbs 80/20?

As I wrote upthread, I like the W&N, and I know I DON'T like the look of the Hobbs Poly.

I was wondering what it looked like - mostly concerned about the poof factor.

Thanks for you help.

And sorry for hijacking the thread. :mrgreen:

This was just posted http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-152177-1.htm#4181319

If you look at the yellow quilt (3rd pic), that's the kind of quilting I love on my quilts - not heirloom but dense with swirls and spirals and NO feathers. ;-)

How would that look with the 80/20?

Thanks for your help.

And sorry for hijacking the thread. :mrgreen:
    Hey MTS. I always preferred Hobbs 80/20 because there is a little fluff showing off the quilting. You can look at my quilt that was in the Lap quilt contest & also my aviator. I did professional quilting for about 10 years and used NOTHING but Hobbs. When W&N first came out, there were literally chunks of wood embedded in the batting. It has improved since then but it always gives a really flat antique look to a quilt. When Mr. Bear, former owner of P&B was there at the closing of the wholesale store in Orange, CA, he made a bet with me that I could NOT get the six rolls (30 yds per roll) of Hobbs batting in my 2 door Honda CRX. He lost the bet !! Any other questions, please feel free to PM me. :mrgreen:
    Joellyn

These have all been quiltd with Hobbs 80/20
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]255632[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-255626.jpe  
    Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 PM

MTS--sorry I don't have a link to a pic done with Hobbs 80/20 but have done quilts with the W/N too and unless you know what the quilt is done with it is difficult to see a difference.