Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Koala Sewing Cabinet >
  • Koala Sewing Cabinet

• Koala Sewing Cabinet

Old 11-21-2011, 03:26 AM

Default Koala Sewing Cabinet

I just purchased a Quiltmate 4 at a retreat and saved $$$ by transporting it home. However, I must be missing something - the lift will not operate just with the remote. I believe there should be a cord to plug it in to a power supply. Am I missing this or what am I doing wrong? Will be contacting the retailer but thought I would get a faster answer here!!! Thanks
    Old 11-21-2011, 03:44 AM

Don't have a Koala but wish I did. Does the remote have a battery that perhaps are bad? Remote actions should not need to be plugged in but would need battery. Just a thought-sorry for your dilemna.
    Old 11-21-2011, 03:57 AM

Thanks Sandy. The battery in the remote is good. Light comes on OK
    Old 11-21-2011, 04:08 AM

I have that table and it DOES have an electric cord. There is a small "box" that is attached to the underside of the the top of the cabinet, just to the left of the lift. It has a cord. You can either push the button to move the machine or you can use the remote when the button is in the on position. If you don't have this, I'd contact the dealer.
    Old 11-21-2011, 04:15 AM

Zamigail-I'm drooling right now....hehe. That's my dream. I've ALWAYS wanted a Koala. I need to hit the lotto first. Enjoy that new
    cabinet and I hope you can get what you're missing soon. Would love to see a picture of it. I love the one that fits in the corner.
    Old 11-21-2011, 06:13 AM
    Power Poster

i hope you get that matter fixed. then you can enjoy your new Koala
    Old 11-21-2011, 09:02 AM

I've got a Koala and love it. double check that the cord isn't taped up somewhere in the table for transport.
    Old 11-21-2011, 09:49 AM

Bought a Koala earlier this year and here's my suggestions to anyone thinking about purchasing one. Test drive it first! Had I known then what I know now I wouldn't have gotten the Quiltmate IV I would have gotten the Sewingmate and I would have gotten a taller one.

With the Quiltmate your machine is in the center of the table. Nice having drawers on both sides but if you're quilting a larger quilt you'll not be using the other 1/3 of the table on the right of your machine. With the Sewmate you'll have the entire table to use.

I'm only 5 ft 4 1/2 and wish I had gone with the 33 inch high table. I would have gone with the taller so I don't have to lean over as much. Other than that I love love love my Koala!!

Hugs
    Old 11-21-2011, 10:40 AM

I bought one earlier this year and was feeling really stupid. I found the cord that needed to be plugged into an electrical outlet, but could not find where to plug it into the cabinet. My son took one look at it and found it right away. The plug is difficult to find -- it's hidden in the back. I felt stupid, but I love my cabinet!
    Old 11-21-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Momyar
    Bought a Koala earlier this year and here's my suggestions to anyone thinking about purchasing one. Test drive it first! Had I known then what I know now I wouldn't have gotten the Quiltmate IV I would have gotten the Sewingmate and I would have gotten a taller one.

With the Quiltmate your machine is in the center of the table. Nice having drawers on both sides but if you're quilting a larger quilt you'll not be using the other 1/3 of the table on the right of your machine. With the Sewmate you'll have the entire table to use.

I'm only 5 ft 4 1/2 and wish I had gone with the 33 inch high table. I would have gone with the taller so I don't have to lean over as much. Other than that I love love love my Koala!!

Hugs
    I think you have the QuiltPro Plus IV. The Quiltmate Plus IV has the machine on the right just like the SewMate. I do agree on the height adjustment. (Can you see me drooling??)