Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Ladies, we have the power to make changes >
  • Ladies, we have the power to make changes

• Ladies, we have the power to make changes

Old 06-27-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by kathdavis
    I was pleasantly surprised when I visited the sewing dept at our Walmart in Blue Springs, MO, because there was a cutting table in the middle. The precut by the yard fabric was on a clearance table and the shelves were being filled with bolts of fabric. I thought, "Wow! We can make a difference."
    I'm in Leavenworth...tell me the address of this Walmart and I'm out the door!! Our city built the biggest Walmart in the chain and of course, NO FABRIC

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Now, they are putting those pre cut yard packages back in but I want yards!!

Thanks in advance1

jodi
    Old 06-27-2011, 04:15 PM
    Power Poster

None around here.
    Old 06-27-2011, 04:16 PM

Yeah and they have some really nice looking fabrics coming in to. Better quality. A little more expensive by a couple $$ but hey you pay for better.
    When you get your new fabric dept. If you have any problems getting fabric cut, write a nice email letting them know of the issue and they will fix it. Ours did.
    Old 06-27-2011, 04:21 PM
    Power Poster

We are getting the bolts back in the local Walmart plus pre cut yardage too. The pre cut fabric is really nice fabric just may not be the color choice everyone likes. It's not like the pre cuts that was sold before that was stiff and thin. It's soft and has some heft to it. Of course I used my thread counter and some were 65x65 and some were 60x60. Many of the fat quarters were quilt shop quality, but some were not. You'll know when you feel the difference. The David Textile fabric is the best bargain for great quality if you can find it at Walmart. Some carry it some don't.
    Old 06-27-2011, 04:25 PM

The Walmart here is a Super Center. They never removed their fabrics, but their selection was poor. Last Time I went they had done some rearranging, and increased the volume. I just wish they could keep a steady person in there who is familiar with that department. I have asked for items before and was told no cigar, only to find them my self at a later date.
    Old 06-27-2011, 04:26 PM
    Power Poster

If I hear one more 'proper quilter' tell me Walmart fabric is not quilt shop quality I may not be very polite. I don't care! I know what I'm buying thank you.
    Old 06-27-2011, 04:27 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    The Walmart here is a Super Center. They never removed their fabrics, but their selection was poor. Last Time I went they had done some rearranging, and increased the volume. I just wish they could keep a steady person in there who is familiar with that department. I have asked for items before and was told no cigar, only to find them my self at a later date.
    Some have no idea what you are asking for they just say Walmart doesn't carry that. LOL.
    Old 06-27-2011, 04:31 PM

I don't know of any Walmarts in the Tampa Bay area that carry fabric, at least not in Pinellas County. I guess they decided to let the local LQSs [our area's are awesome, to say nothing of other areas of FL] and JoAnn's handle that market area. Is it mainly areas that don't have JoAnns or Holly Lobby or similar stores where the Walmarts have fabric? I spend enough at Walmart as it is! At least I have to intentionally go to the others for fabric shopping etc. I did buy my little Brother [for classes and travel] at Walmart and he's a good little machine especially for the price!
    Old 06-27-2011, 04:53 PM

I made an extremely rare visit to my local Wal-Mart (I quit going for other, personal reasons) and asked the manager if fabric is coming back. She smiled broadly and said "YES! And we have some very happy customers!" She had no idea when it would happen, but said they already had the new floor plan.

I imagine they will see more of me when they get fabric back. LOL
    Old 06-27-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris
    Now--can we do something about gasoline prices???

Sue
    I will second that motion/action! :thumbup: :thumbup: