Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Len's Mill Store >
  • Len's Mill Store

• Len's Mill Store

Old 01-18-2010, 10:46 AM

I've got to look at a map of Canada. Maybe it's good that they are not too near me, hehe.
    Wendy
    Old 01-18-2010, 10:51 AM

I went to university in Waterloo and there was one there. It was like getting lost in fabric heaven! You had to search around that particular store for what you were looking for, but prices were fantastic!

I havent been back in a few years, but it may be worth the road trip.

Kristy
    Old 01-18-2010, 01:29 PM

If you are coming to Canada from the State ( Detroit) the closest Lens' Mills is in London Ontario. That is a 1 and 3/4 hour from the border! and it is off the Wellington Road exit... They have great buys, be sure to print off any coupons from the net before you go and make sure you give it to the lady when she is cutting your material..
    I have been to the one in Kitchener The original one .. it is great , the one in cambridge is messy but if you have the time , you can get some good buys. I really liked the one in London as it is much more organized. Whenever I go there I plan to spend at least a couple of hours looking at the material.... YOu should come to Canada.. you would love it.
    Old 01-18-2010, 01:35 PM

that particular video has been done at the original one in Kitchener... it is a basement full of materiall!!! When I go up there I have my sister drop me off and come back in 3 hours.. .you can just walk and walk.. also they have knitting and crocheting supplies, serger supplies, and upstairs is like a big warehouse of dollar items etc for the home.... As I said previously come to Canada....!
    Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 PM

Only 3 hours! I would need all day, OK two at least. Looks like some wonderful stores. I really need to get passport renewed. It was so nice when you could just use your drivers license and birth certificate.
    Wendy
    Old 01-18-2010, 02:28 PM

I was supposed to go last time I was in Toronto, but ran out of time. It's a good 6 hours from Montreal :(
    Old 01-18-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup
    Originally Posted by grma33
    I`m only about 3 1/2 hrs away. Heard about but never been. Maybe a harley trip when the weather warms up!
    Gale
    How much fabric can you carry home on a Harley?
    Hmmmm....sounds like something with a BIG trunk might be a good choice.
    Gale & Teacup ... My DH & I wander about the countryside on our Goldwings, and we do have nice big trunks and saddlebags. However, they're packed with our travel duds ... when we're touring I've had to limit myself to a few small treasures. But I've decided that should I a store with lots I just can't leave at the store, I'm just going to have them ship it!

I was just in the Cambridge Lens Mills store - a sturdy historical building, and have been in the London store. Of course I found lots to fill in my stash :)

BUT - not very many bargains - lots of the bolts are the same price as we find in our LQS- $12 - $18 / meter. And it is not nearly as tidy or brightly lit as many of the larger stores I've been to state-side (JoAnns, MaryJos). Just so you know what you're in for if anyone is planning a trip.

That said, the Cambridge area (Kitchener / Waterloo / Galt / Cambridge) is a beautiful area with exciting spots to visit for many interests ... St Jacob's comes to mind :) And London is also a beautiful little city with interesting attractions.

Just my 2 cents ...
    Old 01-18-2010, 03:09 PM

OMG!!! I say lets load up a bus and go there some weekend!! Canada here we come!!! I would love to go there
    Old 01-18-2010, 03:22 PM

I love road trips
    Old 01-18-2010, 05:43 PM

[quote=LindaM][quote=Teacup]
    Originally Posted by grma33
    That said, the Cambridge area (Kitchener / Waterloo / Galt / Cambridge) is a beautiful area with exciting spots to visit for many interests ... St Jacob's comes to mind :) And London is also a beautiful little city with interesting attractions.

Just my 2 cents ...
    Of course, if you're in St. Jacob's, be sure to stop in at the Mennonite quilt shop at the market. Everything in the store is done by hand and absolutely beautiful work. They have lots of fabric for sale too, but I always stop to admire the fine workmanship on the display quilts. I've never seen anything like it.

Kristy